Job #: 5410
Title: MDS Coordinator RN
Job Location: Syracuse, New York - United States
Salary: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity for an MDS Coordinator at a leading, comprehensive, continuing healthcare organization in Syracuse, NY. Join a growing team of skilled, compassionate staff. Located minutes from the beautiful Finger Lakes and Adirondack region of Central New York State!
Direct Hire - Full Time - Mon-Fri - Benefits
The MDS Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and optimizing the entire RUG IV process as well as the MDS for Medicaid residents (CMI). Provides oversight of the MDS Coordinators with regard to billing processes according to MDS schedules. Ensures facility compliance with third party agency regulations with respect to the MDS process. Educates staff on changes in the regulations. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Acts as the information resource in all aspects of the Medicare PPS and the MDS process per state and federal guidelines.
- Educates all disciplines through daily contact on the accurate completion of the MDS per state and federal guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of all MDS assessments for all Medicare residents per PPS guidelines.
- Completes all necessary non-Medicare MDS assessments (Initial admission assessment, Quarterly, Annual and Significant Changes).
- Performs random audits on Non-Medicare MDS`s and corresponding care plans for compliance.
- Completes re-certifications as needed for Medicare recipients.
- Writes comprehensive resident care plan in accordance with MDS CAA and CAT.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school, college or university for Registered Professional Nurses.
- Must possess a current NYS License and registration as a RN.
- Must possess MDS 3.0 certification A minimum of 2 years MDS experience, understanding both RUGS III and RUGS IV.
- Experience with MDS 3.0, CMI, and Medicare Part A requirements.
- Experience with MDS 3.0 billing procedures.
- Strong, written, verbal, interpersonal and computer skills.
- Must be able to write comprehensive care plans.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: