Job #: 5411
Title: Home Care RN Manager
Job Location: Syracuse, New York - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Home Care RN Manager
Location: Syracuse, NY
Full Time, Direct Hire
Days JOB DESCRIPTION
- Supervises an interdisciplinary team of home care RNs, LPNs, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Respiratory Therapists, Nutritional Therapists, Social Workers, home health aides, and personal care aides.
- Completes an in-home and a written performance evaluation of staff supervised: at the end of the three-month probationary period; and once per year on or within four weeks of the staff member`s anniversary date. The in-home evaluation includes an assessment and observed demonstration of the delivery of care.
- Reviews staff`s previously set goals and establishes future goals for the upcoming year, during the annual performance evaluation of each staff member.
- Monitors staff`s completion of mandatory annual in-services, annual health evaluations, and the completion of the monthly safety in-services; documents status and discusses with staff during the annual performance evaluation .
- Facilitates or performs education, training, and competency evaluations for appropriate staff for special care needs (i.e. Foley care, leg bag care, lift equipment).
- The Manager, Home Care RN is responsible for ensuring the provision of high quality home care services.
- Supervises the home care team and its practices to assure safe, effective, and efficient home care is provided by the home care team of RN`s, LPN`s, physical therapists, occupational therapists, special therapists, respiratory therapists, social workers, dietitians, home health aides, and personal care aides.
- Implements and provides guidance on agency policies and procedures.
- Identifies areas of improvement or concerns and brings them to the attention of the Director of Clinical Services.
- Oversees the orientation, supervision, direction, and evaluation of nursing, therapy other professional and paraprofessional staff.
- 5+ years` experience in home care.
- 2+ years` supervisory experience.
- BSN preferred or working on BSN with a minimum of 2 years of community health nursing experience.
- Licensed and registered as a professional nurse in good standing in NYS.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: