Job #: 5448
Title: Process Development Engineer (Modeling/Simulation)
Job Location: Hackensack, New Jersey - United States
Salary: $95,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
Process Development Engineer (Modeling/Simulation)
Northern New Jersey (Hackensack, NJ - Full Relocation Offered)
Competitive Base Salary, 15% target Bonus
Our client is well established (over 50+ years old) and works in the process technology / petrochemical industry. This is a highly specialized group of professionals, great tenure, dynamic challenging work. We have a new opening for a Process Development Engineer who will
support innovative process technology development and commercialization initiatives through the use of advanced process modeling tools. We are looking for a Chemical Engineer (Masters or PhD strongly preferred) who will develop both first-principal and empirically-based process models to support scale-up / scale-down technology development efforts. This client develops some of the petrochemical industry`s most significant process technologies, which are used today to produce millions of tons of petrochemical intermediates in numerous licensed process plants worldwide.
Candidates for this position should be able to utilize knowledge of transport properties, kinetics, and reaction engineering. You will provide guidance to bench- and pilot-scale experimental process development programs, and translate experimental findings to commercial application. You will maintain and improve existing suite of modeling tools to support R&D, Sales, and Field Operations. Through your work, you`ll enhance data feedback and transfer mechanisms to provide advanced performance monitoring tools. You`ll also develop and deliver user-oriented customer-facing tools for process control, APC, and/or advanced KPI monitoring.
- Masters or PhD in Chemical Engineering. Bachelor of Science may be considered with appropriate direct experience
- 2-15+ years of experience in plant support, R&D, process development experience with an applicable chemical or petrochemical experience with an engineering company, or a technology licensor or a producer company
- Candidates should be skilled with industry standard simulation programs such as Pro II and/or ASPEN Plus, or similar
- Experience in kinetic, transport, and reaction engineering modeling with a commercial focus in refining, petrochemical, and/or gas processing applications.
- Demonstrated skills in flowsheet synthesis and optimization.
- Experience translating experimental program data to modeling & technology development efforts.
- Strong knowledge of chemical engineering fundamentals.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills with ability to parse complex technical problems.
- Self-motivated with emphasis to push projects towards commercial application.
- Knowledge of both steady-state and dynamic process simulation software desired
- Experience in process control and optimization desired
- Knowledge of numerical simulation and implementation of numerical routines for solving complex systems desired
- Available for 10% annual travel, both foreign and domestic.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: