Job #: 5452
Title: Staff Auditor
Job Location: Hartford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: bonus potential
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A dynamic and diversified global-leading corporation has an exciting and challenging Staff Auditor opportunity for an audit professional who seeks to build on their existing Accounting and Audit experience through in-depth exposure to a fast-paced international business. The Internal Audit department is developmental in nature and employees are assisted in furthering career goals through placement into business segment roles, after completing a two-year rotation. This group is seen as a premiere entry point into the business segments within the Company. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Company`s internal audit teams conduct risk-based audits and recommend strategic solutions to the various business units. Working closely with business unit management, the Internal Audit group utilizes the latest audit techniques and technologies to ensure that they are conducting value-added audits.
As a Staff Auditor, you will perform reviews of critical business processes, evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls and identifying potential process improvement opportunities.
Specific job responsibilities include: QUALIFICATIONS
- Assess risk of key business processes resulting in the preparation of audit plans and specific audit programs. Identify internal control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Create process maps of significant financial, business and operational processes in order to recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare clear, concise audit reports.
- Present audit conclusions and recommendations to management.
- 2 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience with Big 4 or other national public accounting firms with exposure to a manufacturing environment.
- Domestic and/or international travel will average 40% - 50% of work time, and so applicants must be willing to commit to this travel schedule. Due to the international travel requirement, multiple language skills are an advantage to applicants.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies with the ability to work effectively across all levels and functions within the business and can easily manage a co-source relationship with third party audit firm when applicable.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate diverse groups towards operational efficiencies.
- Extensive knowledge/experience in project management, strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and proven presentation skills.
- Proactive and results/metrics driven.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or related business disciplines.
- CPA, MBA will be considered a strong plus, however not required.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: