Job #: 5418
Title: Financial Reporting Manager
Job Location: Topeka, Kansas - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 15% yearly target bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a newly created role with a dynamic, industry leading company which has been a staple in the community for over 100 years.
The facility is state of the art and considered earth friendly PLUS an onsite cafeteria and childcare facility this company truly promotes an employee first environment! The Financial Reporting Manager leads all financial reporting functions within the company and will manage a team of four associates.
The right candidate will have an active CPA with 5 or more years in public accounting and 4 or more years of financial services experience.
Key Words: MBA, Accounting, Management, CPA, Financial Reporting, Insurance, US GAAP JOB DESCRIPTION
The Financial Reporting Manager leads the financial reporting functions, including preparation of audited statements, financial reporting and analysis, and other projects within financial reporting. This position will work closely with a staff of approximately four associates.
- Direct and assist in the development of financial reporting and analysis of financial results to management
- Analyze financial statements to understand trends in the business and ensure the accuracy of reported results, communicate analysis to key stakeholders
- Facilitate coordination of interim and annual audits across departments and with external auditors
- Manage the preparation of regulatory filings
- Participate in the improvement of the close process with a focus on driving timeliness, accuracy and accountability
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient relationships with internal and external customers as well as business partners
- Participate in the development and maintenance of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure a strong control environment
- Research of technical accounting and reporting matters
- Define and make recommendations which support the strategic direction of the organization
- Maximize the focus and performance of the team instilling a sense of urgency
- Supervise and develop a high performance team
- Support an environment of continuous improvement
- Bachelors degree in Accounting with a Masters in Accounting preferred
- CPA with 5+ years experience in a public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred)
- 4+ years financial services experience, preferably in the insurance industry
- Expertise in US GAAP
- Concerned with customer satisfaction and consistently works to provide high level of satisfaction
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity
- Self-starter with a collaborative approach who values and encourages teamwork
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook or similar programs
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: