Job #: 5481
Title: Quality Engineer
Job Location: Columbia, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Strong growth, dynamic global manufacturer! JOB DESCRIPTION
Join an award winning, strong growth, industry leading global manufacturer with immediate Quality Engineering career-track needs!
We have an immediate opening for a Quality Engineer at our North American Business Unit Headquarters in the Columbia, SC area. The Quality Engineer develops and implements company quality improvement plan in accordance with the strategic goals of the company . You will be responsible for the oversight of the Quality System and maintain/improve the Quality System to ISO-9001 standards. You are responsible for all testing of a broad range of products before it is shipped to our customers.
You will lead activities for rapid response for any customer complaints related to technical product issues. The Quality Engineer analyzes key Quality indicators to help production focus on areas for improvement. You will stop processes or activities not producing quality products/services.
This role requires technical and leadership ability to ensure that we are able to meet customer needs/expectations with on-time delivery!
- Manage and direct the daily activities of the test laboratorys staff including the department budget, KPIs and metrics, capital expenditures, purchases, and employee supervision development-evaluations.
- Address any quality issues associated within a project and communicate to manufacturing departments
- Manage project flow and work with Production Team to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Work with the Product Reliability Testing Group which includes coordinating all 3rd party test programs, manages testing and qualification resources for existing products and new products.
- Assists in material evaluations & new product testing with R&D group.
- Purchase, design, and fabricate test equipment/instruments as needed.
- Develop project plans including detailed schedules & flow charts.
- Maintain & calibrate all equipment.
- Maintain laboratory certifications including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 17025,
- Ensures the conformance to requirements of all products produced internally and externally.
Oversee laboratory with 5-7 experienced technicians. QUALIFICATIONS
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- A Masters degree or MBA would be a plus.
- You should have 3+ years of experience in Quality in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with lab test equipment preferred
- LabView or MatLab software experience is a plus.
- Any project management or technical leadership experience is a plus.
- SAP experience is a plus.
- Any cable, wire or textile manufacturing experience is a plus.
This is for a global, industry leader that defines the term " Blue-Chip" organization. This company puts a high value on quality of life, skill & career growth, and has an opportunity for vertical career-tracks. This position has a base salary range of $70-80k + Relocation assistance, tremendous benefit and retirement programs.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: