Job #: 44707
Title: Chief of Staff
Job Location: Austin, Texas - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Pioneer in the FinTech space. Bank has grown from $40B in assets to $116B in assets in 3 years during COVID.
Huge opportunity for upward mobility. JOB DESCRIPTION
Chief of Staff: CTO Office, Santa Clara, Charlotte, Austin, Atlanta, Utah, Tempe
This critical, trusted leadership role as the strategic right-hand person/chief of staff to the CTO drives strategic business planning, support and direct change management throughout the CTO (Technology Excellence) organization, essential to the successful delivery of enterprise-wide technology modernization. This role must work closely with the CTO in the following ways:
- Trusted advisor and brainstorming partner
- Leader and guide to help lead and initiate change throughout the organization
- Helping strategic ideas take root and providing early facilitation until a more formal project is established
- Thinking strategically while providing tactical support to implement ideas
- Providing nimbleness to be able to address pressing business issues that need immediate attention
- Making connections across the enterprise that others may not see
- Providing independent, informed, unbiased insight including on the ground feedback.
- Proactive in escalating and resolving potential issues by calling them to the attention of the department head and identifying potential solutions. Has ability to question whether our initiatives match our strategy.
- Put the appropriate Tools and measurement systems in place to drive adoption of technology strategy OKRs
- Work with CTO leadership to deliver, monitor and communicate progress on Modernization OKRs and metrics aligned with CIO Technology strategy.
- Drive a cohesive approach aligning to Change Management activities including Communications planning, training and stakeholder management.
- Build connections with all Technology leadership including CIO Chief of Staff and leadership across Delivery and Infrastructure
- Partner with the CTO leadership team to define, prepare and communicate Technology organization plans, including quarterly, annual and 3-year strategy, staffing, and development plans.
- Establish and maintain the organizations 120 day rolling plan with leadership team.
- Support CTO in preparation of board, executive committee, and presentations.
- Create and publish progress against plans. Plan and lead planning sessions with the management team.
- Collaborate with the leadership team, technology governance, HR and finance to track, analyze and report technology performance per OKRs, SLAs, KPIs, project goals, and change initiatives, as needed.
- Analyze and report performance based on The Company strategies and business goals. Recommend areas needing improvement. Significantly improve overall business acumen and governance (performance metrics), operational, organizational, project/delivery, and financials.
- Continue to enhance transparency (dashboards) on performance and health.
- Ability to think and act creatively, championing and promoting new ideas that contribute to the aims of the organization and the department.
- At least 10 years working with Information Technology teams.
- Broad business experience driving execution and adoption of key strategic programs across large teams
- Ability to work in a flexible manner in line with the organizations corporate objectives and role and to be willing to undertake other duties as reasonably requested.
- Executive-level presentation skills and experience.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Experience working in Financial services industry.
- Experience working in regulated, public companies.
- Energetic and upbeat can do attitude
- Ability to navigate and address conflict.
- Trusted professional that can work through people-related issues.
- Proven ability to develop and lead the implementation of communications strategy, policy and operational plans, to a successful outcome, across a medium or large organization with dispersed management, preferably in the public and/or not-for-profit sectors.
- Knowledge of traditional and online internal communication tools, with particular emphasis on embedding use of a range of online tools including intranet and collaborative working software. Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent influencing and inter personal skills, including a track record developing credibility with and supporting senior managers on the effective internal communication of major decisions and emerging strategic issues.
- A track record in leading and delivering complex large scale projects and partnerships, often managing a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A track record in managing, motivating and engaging staff successfully.
- Effective financial management and budget interpretation skills.
- Strong financial analysis and budget planning and management experience and skills
- A good understanding of the current diversity agenda and its relationship to internal communications.
Must have been a COS before, involved/worked on/in technical projects, worked in a Bank, hands-on with Jira, strategy planning and financial planning.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: