Job #: 44914
Title: Assistant Controller
Job Location: Charlton, Massachusetts - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $125,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global medical device company based in Germany that manufactures and sells endoscopes and surgical instruments. The Company is a multi-billion dollar business with over 6000 employees worldwide
The Company is an innovator in the field and established its presence in the Americas in 1971. The facility in Charlton, Ma is one of the Companys largest manufacturing facilities with over 700 employees at the location. It is a critical location to the overall success of the Company. JOB DESCRIPTION
Assistant Controller- Manufacturing
The finance team in Charlton, Ma is recruiting a talented accounting professional that brings demonstrated financial reporting experience, proven management skills and an appetite for continuous improvement to the organization. This individual will build upon the teams existing strengths, develop plans for future improvement and be looked upon as a future leader of the finance group.
The Assistant Controllers initial scope of responsibility will include ensuring proper overall general ledger accounting in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), as well as responsibility for specific accounting areas, as determined by the Director of Finance. The Assistant Controller is the primary driver of the accurate and timely monthly reporting, G/L closing process, including timing, scheduling, reconciliations and coordination with others in the Finance or other departments in the Company. This position is also responsible for maintaining the accuracy and timely distribution of various internally used reports for the Companys management and for the Parent Company in Germany.
Other responsibilities include active participation in the planning and preparation for the annual budget process and annual financial and other audits. This position is also responsible for maintaining the accuracy and timely distribution of various internally used reports for the Companys management and for the Parent Company in Germany.
This position is responsible for managing the team that handles the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Payroll activities. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Business/Accounting is required; a certification (CPA or CMA) and/or an advanced degree is preferred;
- 8 plus years of relevant accounting/ finance experience and in areas such as financial reporting, audit, pricing, costing, payroll and accounts payable and receivables is necessary; strong understanding of GAAP is critical; prior audit experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated management/supervisory capabilities are required;
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred; Business transformation and prior experience leveraging technology is critical to success in the role;
- Prior experience in a business that uses advanced technology tools is required; existing tools include SAP; reporting tools such as SAP for HANA, Bower BI, Hyperion, EssBase or Cognos, and PC software applications, in Excel, Access, and Word.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: