Job #: 5535
Title: Sr Network Engineer with CISCO - non-cilo`d environment
Job Location: Tarrytown, New York - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: strong annual bonuses and superior benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a highly-successful technology company widely respected for their technical innovations. This is a non-ciloed environment with advanced technology supporting a global network.
In addition to competitive salaries they offer stable, long-term employment, with exceptional bonus potential and superior benefits (100% paid medical benefits; investment programs + 401k; flexible spending plan). JOB DESCRIPTION
This successful technology-driven company seeks a highly skilled Sr Network Engineer with strong CISCO knowledge, excellent trouble-shooting skills and an interest in advancing technically in a state of the art, global data center.
Responsibilities will be varied and interesting:
- This Sr Network Engineer will join small cohesive team which works together on advancing network systems and problem solving technical issues.
- Will be involved with all facets of WAN/LAN Network design and support, configuration, security issues for large and small projects.
- Must be able to take leadership on a variety of networking projects and support the continual advanced with technology.
- Environment is largely CISCO but also includes Arista, Brocade and other vendor equipment.
- Will be part of well-run state-of-the-art organization with a non-cilod environment
- Minimum 5-8+ years hands-on WAN/LAN network experience to include configurations, support, trouble-shooting, security of large and small projects.
- Good CISCO experience is required but additional skills with other routing/switching equipment such as Arista or Brocade or Avaya is of interest.
- Experience with CISCO Nexus or other high-end Cisco switches is preferred.
- Pertinent Cisco certifications are highly desired.
- Must have strong trouble-shooting skills and an interest in technical problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task and handle variety of project responsibilities as necessary
- Ability to work independently and resolve problems solo or as part of a team.
- BS in Computer Science, Telecommunications or another technical field is strongly preferred. Work experience and pertinent technical certificate may be considered.
Candidate should have experience with the majority of the following technologies:
- Cisco Router and switch programming: CISCO Protocols
- High end Cisco Routers (Nexus or others)
- Network Sniffer (or similar tools)
- Firewall Concepts
- WAN Transmission Protocols MPLS, Frame Relay, PPP
- Layer 4-7 Content Devices
- SNMP and Syslog Monitoring
- Multicast Concepts and Programming
- ACL programming
Familiarity with at least some of the following is a plus:
- Serial Data Communications
- Voice Communications & Signaling
- Data Center Infrastructure (HVAC, Power, EPS)
- Datacom Facilities (T1,T3,ISDN,OCx,Ethernet)
- Wireless Networking
- Premise Wiring
- Windows20xx Server, Windows Workstation OSs
- Unix/Linux Command Set
- Perl, TCL/TK, Unix Shell Scripting
- Unified Communications Systems
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: