Job #: 44976
Title: Senior Property Accountant
Job Location: Miami, Florida - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 20% target bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This position can offer a hybrid work schedule of office and work from home. Our client is a decades old real-estate investment and development company with a track record of developing people, not just properties. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our Senior Property Accountants become experts in every financial and accounting component of their portfolio of properties including addressing the many financial requirements needed to buy and sell real estate.
The Senior Property Accountant supports the Financial Reporting Manager and helps to support the accounting team. There are no direct supervisory duties in this role. However, the Senior Property Accountant will gain significant exposure to the investment in, and operation of, commercial retail real estate assets, while high-potential employees may ascend from the property accounting program to leadership roles within the organization.
This position is ideally suited for a well-organized individual who can work independently and has attention to detail. The company is in an acquisition mode and rapidly growing so the individual must be able to cope and thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Maintain the general ledger for multiple properties.
- Complete the monthly close process including preparation of journal entries.
- Prepare monthly property financial statements.
- Prepare quarterly external financial reports.
- Review documentation and coding of payable invoices, check requests, and capital expenditures.
- Prepare and file Sales tax returns if required.
- Monitor cash balances and prepare weekly and monthly bank statement reconciliations.
- Assist Property Managers in preparing the annual budget.
- Work with Property Managers to explain Budget vs. Actual variance analytics.
- Monitor monthly mortgage payments.
- Prepare and review debt compliance reports including Debt Service Coverage Ratio.
- Cash Need reporting.
- Accruals including EOM (end of month), quarterly overage, and recovery.
- Prepare lender funding requests.
- New Property Acquisitions setup and Purchase Sale Agreement tracking.
- Review monthly workbooks as needed.
- Update accounting procedures.
- Ad hoc financial analysis.
- Special projects including staff training and work review as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in Real Estate/Property management.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and computer literate.
- ERP experience, Yardi preferred.
- Highly organized, concise, detailed, flexible and efficient.
- Good listening skills and be service oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a whatever it takes attitude.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: