Job #: 45085
Title: Maintenance Electrical Engineer
Job Location: Decatur, Alabama - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: up to 12% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a very visible position with THE global leader in its multi-billion dollar industry. You`ll be working at their primary North America manufacturing and R&D campus. This industry leader is also well-known for having a highly-desirable workplace environment with serious growth opportunities. JOB DESCRIPTION
Summary / Objective:
Provide Electrical Engineering support to the manufacturing plant`s power systems needs (continuous and batch process systems). Focus will be on maintaining and improving the performance and reliability of site electrical systems and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Support Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering to troubleshoot plant issues.
- Ability to work with Site Power Service Providers for supply issues of power.
- Support electric motors to 800 hp, Motor Control Centers, Medium Voltage Switchgear, Protective Relaying, and Electrical Distribution up to 13.8 kV.
- Utilize SKM to perform arc flash, load flow, and protection coordination studies.
- Develop or modify electrical switching and isolation procedures.
- Develop maintenance plans and equipment strategies for short term and long-term reliability needs of critical equipment.
- Lead and/or participate in RCFA of electrical systems.
- Apply/sustain/improve Reliability Systems Standards.
- Prepare work scope and justifications for projects to upgrade electrical systems.
- Oversee site transformer PM program including oil analysis and Doble testing.
- Troubleshoot electrical distribution systems medium and low voltage.
- Knowledge of VFDs, Soft Starts, and other motor control systems.
- Work in a matrix organization.
- Communicate effectively and contribute to team projects.
- Assure compliance to appropriate Safety, Environmental, and Quality codes and standards (PSM, ISO, OSHA, NEC, NESC, NFPA 70E, ANSI/NETA, etc.).
- Ability to work across cultural lines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong project and team leadership.
- Technical acumen aptitude to understand complex manufacturing and design requirements, as well as the operational processes associated with manufacturing plants & equipment.
- Standard engineer requirements.
- Standing and walking distances with limited resting periods.
- Sitting for extended periods.
- Able to work at heights and climb stairs or ladders.
- Serve as the Site Electrical Engineer working for the Maintenance Department.
- Maintain and update plant electrical single line diagrams and associated Arc Flash Analysis / Labeling.
- Serve as an Authority having Jurisdiction (AHJ) for NPFA 70E compliance.
- Specify appropriate Preventive Maintenance (PMs) / Predictive Maintenance (PdMs).
- Provide Maintenance Functional input to new Process Equipment Purchase Specifications to ensure adequacy.
- Provide direction to Electricians, Mechanics, and other staff disciplines to support projects and maintenance efforts.
- Add ability to work alongside I&E Technicians and Management alike.
- As needed, willing to train co-workers in roles areas of expertise.
- Participate in Pre-Start-Up-Safety-Reviews to ensure safe commissioning and system start-up.
- Participate in specifying on-site maintenance and repair capability and tooling requirements.
- Recommend improvements based on Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) findings.
- Establish critical equipment spares.
- Recommend equipment reliability improvements by doing analysis of equipment trends, historical data, and field data.
- Ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and plant requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications and/or technical drawings.
- Establish construction, manufacturing, or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
- Ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or plant requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities.
- Knowledge of PLCs, Instruments, DCS systems, UPS systems, and control valves.
- Additional assignments as deemed necessary by management.
Required Education / Experience:
- Bachelor`s degree Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- 5+ overall years of engineering or related postgraduate work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with AC/DC drives and motors, low and medium power distribution, substations, and power distribution equipment (transformers, circuit breakers, cables, etc.).
- Experience and knowledge with PLCs, HMIs, instruments, and DCS systems.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Facility Engineering Desired Characteristics: Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Thermography, and Motor Circuit Analysis.
- Prior experience in manufacturing with PSM (Process Safety Management) preferred.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: