Job #: 45748
Title: Sr Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
Job Location: United States
Remote Job: Yes
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
What We Offer
- Attractive cash and equity compensation package
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our team members
- Holidays: 9 paid annual holidays
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% premium paid by Company
- Telehealth benefits
- 401k, HRA/FSA
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- Paid professional development Stipend: annual education & development benefit
- Paid Parental Leave
- Remote work
- A chance to build something great with other amazing people
How We Work
- We have ownership of how we complete work and take responsibility for our outcomes
- We are creative in how we approach problems and deliver pragmatically
- We share information and learn from each other
- We pride ourselves on being adaptable because change is a constant
- We focus on the customer to give them a voice
- We make mistakes, learn and improve as we iterate
- We focus on delivering value quickly and iterating on lessons learned
How We Do Not Work
- We are not aggressive or competitive with each other, and we greatly appreciate diverse thinking
- We are not defined by our roles. We get opportunities to work on new areas to expand our knowledge and abilities
- We dont work at all hours, because we have friends and families, and they are important to us
About This Role
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer youll focus on building out our powerful core platform to help our customers reach their customers at the perfect time based on our stream of SDK events. You will be responsible for helping to mature our core Rails service to modern best practice. Working with the team and product to determine iterative approaches that deliver customer value consistently and frequently. Equally important to technical experience will be interpersonal skills to work with others.
Youll work across several spaces including:
- Work with multiple large data sets
- Refactoring critical high-load existing Ruby on Rails 4.2 system into modern standards (upto 6.x) in order to support our current traffic levels.
- Support our React/Redux based customer dashboard, allowing our customers to leverage our targeting engine.
Our senior software engineers are driven to find solutions to problems. When they arent certain of how to do something their first instinct is to dive into prototypes, not shoot down ideas. If you enjoy solving complex data problems as well as how that data is most effectively communicated to customers, this is a great role for you.
Responsibilities (what youll do):
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership to translate product goals into concrete technical solutions.
- Mentor junior engineers developing technical skills as well as big picture planning experience.
- Write, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Provide technical code reviews and participate in pair programming sessions.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Share your knowledge with the team on the hurdles of building a large scale, event driven system.
Qualifications (what you have):
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Expert knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails: (e.g. monkey patching, ActiveRecord, initializer and service patterns)
- Strong knowledge of RSpec and common patterns with Rails
- Worked within an Agile environment and is comfortable identifying iterative stages needed to achieve larger feature goals
- Built a customer-facing API, preferably focused on data analytics, and all the concerns associated with it; API design, authentication, rate limiting, query complexity
- Worked on features handling high load (~1.5 billion events a day)
- Experience with high cardinality data
- Experience working with NoSQL datastores: Mongo
- Experience with MongoDB and Mongoid upgrade
- Testing and QA are a proven value in the work youve built
- Experience with our core tools; Git, Shell, AWS
How to Apply: