Job #: 5645
Title: Production Engineer
Job Location: Deridder, Louisiana - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity for a specialty chemicals manufacturer in Northern, LA JOB DESCRIPTION
- Provide technical and engineering support for day-to-day processing and process improvements.
- Assist with troubleshooting production problems related to equipment, processes, quality, and systems.
- Assist with development and design of equipment and processes to support customer needs, safety/environmental compliance, and efficient manufacturing.
- Make recommendations for process improvements and capital expenditures in support of the areas productivity, safety, environmental, maintenance, quality, and cost reduction objectives.
- Assists with the development of and facilitates training for operations group in implementation of operating procedures, safety/environmental protocol, and new/revised processes and equipment.
- Research and develop new and improved manufacturing processes and equipment in support of the facilities productivity improvement strategies.
- Assist with area compliance with all Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Develop and maintain accurate, complete production data; report production information horizontally and vertically in the organization
- Attend plant reviews, sales, and operations meetings as need and make presentations.
- Participates as requested on plant committees in support of safety, environmental, organizational, quality, and manufacturing objectives.
- 4-8 years of production and/or process/project related experience required; distillation experience preferred
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering and related industrial experience required
- Knowledge of chemical processes, equipment, and techniques, including heat and mass balances, piping systems, pumps, and instrumentation
- Knowledge of safety, health and environmental regulations and principles
- Understanding of Human Resources Goals, Affirmative Action, and Diversity
- Work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and our customers organizations.
- Possess solid interpersonal relationship skills, problem solving/troubleshooting skills, and written/verbal communication skills
- Able to work effectively with miscellaneous computer software
- Able to use existing experience and knowledge to resolve problems
- Ability to travel 3-6 times per year
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: