Job #: 5668
Title: Nurse Practitioner - Oncology
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Provides primary care in collaborative joint practice with the physicians to oncology patients. JOB DESCRIPTION
Provides primary care in collaborative joint practice with the physicians to oncology patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care for individual patients.
- Initiates and documents appropriate interventions; evaluates and records patient/family response within practice protocol; prescribes drug therapies per protocol/physician consultation.
- Assists physicians and performs procedures as needed; conducts patient assessments and provides physician with information prior to seeing the patient.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides education.
- Master`s Degree in a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program.
- At least 3-6 years of experience working with oncology patients. Will consider candidates with internal medicine experience.
- RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state.
- Current state certification of Nurse Practitioner.
- Current CPR certification required.
- AOCN certification is required.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: