Job #: 46120
Title: Senior System Safety Engineer
Job Location: Novi, Michigan - United States
Remote Job: Yes
Salary: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This position is a flexible remote role which means employees have the flexibility to work remotely, but are expected to report to a local office occasionally. JOB DESCRIPTION
Job summary of the Senior System Safety Engineer:
Senior System Architect Engineer is needed to play a vital role for designing the system software components to meet the highest software development standards (including functional safety) rigor, for one of our long term clients in Michigan. This client is a leader in advanced vehicle safety systems and offers significant future opportunities to break into new vehicle safety technologies. In this role, you will be responsible for developing Technical Safety Concepts for system software components, including specification of Technical Safety Requirements and designing Safety Mechanisms to meet the incoming functional safety requirements, if you have experience with these, then this position is well suited to you.
This position is a flexible remote role which means employees have the flexibility to work remotely, but are expected to report to a local office occasionally.
Responsibilities of the Senior System Safety Engineer:
- Perform System Safety Engineering tasks for the design of system software components to meet the highest software development standards (including functional safety) rigor
- Develop Technical Safety Concepts for system software components, including specification of Technical Safety Requirements and designing Safety Mechanisms to meet the incoming functional safety requirements
- Perform safety analysis (Fault Tree Analysis FTAs, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis FMEAs, etc.) for system software components according to ISO 26262 (part 4 and part 6)
- Develop, track, and maintain system design, software requirements, implementation & test traceability of technical safety requirements for system software components
- Support the definition of safety requirements and architectures together with multi-site teams to ensure the system components are developed to meet customer specific requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or in a related technical discipline is required. Masters degree or PhD is preferred
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in the field of system safety engineering & software development
- Track record of successfully performing Functional Safety Systems Engineering tasks for ADAS/AD features
- Solid knowledge of relevant standards and methods?i.e. ASPICE,ISO26262, ISO/PAS 21448
- Knowledge of documenting system or subsystem architecture in an unambiguous, clear, and understandable way
- 5+ years of solid understanding of systems and software engineering/architecture know how to write requirements that team members can successfully implement and test
- Self-motivated; bringing structure to a highly unstructured task; ability to set the technical direction and guide a team towards it long before others can
- Experienced in requirements management tools like DOORS, Polarion, and Integrity MKS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Knowledge of UML or SysML and modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Basic to intermediate C,C++, Matlab,Simulink experience
- Requirements management tools such as >span >, Systemweaver, DOORS
- Experience with Agile Scrum, especially LeSS and SAFe scaled solutions
- Experience with Functional Safety Analysis tools such as Medini
Nice to Have:
- Automotive embedded system experience
- AUTOSAR knowledge
- Experience in requirements/user story development
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Unit testing, and system and software integration
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: