Job #: 5709
Title: Senior User Interface Software Architect
Job Location: Flanders, New Jersey - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 10-15% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Hot job with no one currently in the mix. Looking for a user interface architect who has led a migration from WinForms & WPF to Universal Windows Platform. With our best client! JOB DESCRIPTION
Senior User Interface Software Architect
Northern New Jersey (Dover, NJ) or West Chester County NY Area (Elmsford, NY) Available
Relocation Assistance Available
Competitive Pay, 10-15% Target Bonus, 6% 401K Match, 4 Weeks Vacation, Flex Hours
This opening is with a world renowned medical instrumentation company; with strong consistent revenue growth, dynamic culture, stable environment, low turnover, and ability to work on challenging, complex projects/products. We are seeking an experienced UI Software Architect who will lead a migration from WinForms & Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) based user interface. This is a newly created position that seeks an independent, confident technical leader who can work both independently as well as with complex cross-functional internal teams, and with customers. The UI Software Architect will provide architectural leadership for a newly developed complex medical instrument with a specific focus on the User Interface sections. Our ideal candidate would have experience with large scale medical products/instruments, but similar complex instruments will be considered. Additional key responsibilities:
- Be a member of the architecture function within the Global Software organization and impactful on architectural decisions within the product line.
- Lead, facilitate and develop software architecture for a modern UI which can be rendered seamlessly on various user interface devices such as Desktop Display, Tablet devices and Mobile devices (device independent UI development). Provide a roadmap of transitioning from current UI architecture and implementation to a new one with minimal impact on deliverables.
- Serve as a thought leader and mentor on technical, architectural, design and related issues.
- Possess aptitude and awareness on how to keep presentation layers thin and devoid of any Business logic. Lead and implement proper architectural separation and interface to the business logic components.
- Identify and evolve common tools stack, design and develop reusable frameworks / components with an aim to standardize and accelerate user interface development across various user interface development projects
- Technical know-how ability to understand the software architecture to understand what is available, what could be available, and what cannot be displayed to the user.
- Ability to negotiate with multiple stakeholders (UI Design group (UID), User Experience Design (UXD), marketing, etc.) to get an agreed upon design.
- Participate in code and design reviews as well as refactoring
- Bachelor`s Degree required, Advanced degree strongly preferred. Software Architecture certification is highly desirable. 10 years of experience in software development in Windows environment with .Net and C#. Some background or knowledge of life in a clinical lab is highly desirable.
- Possess advanced skills in UI architecture/development using WPF, RESTful Web Services, and Mobile Apps development including Swift.
- Expert level understanding of UI best practices, design patterns provided/leveraged by various UI frameworks, their usage application in various scenarios.
- Experience with Windows 10 UWP and Xamarin development is required
- Familiarity with Tactics and patterns for high performance user interfaces
- Proficiency in application of object oriented concepts in UI development.
- Ability in creating screens, wireframes and storyboards for prototyping and translate to products
- Experience in automated testing of UI
- Team leadership experience. Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of unit testing based on Microsoft testing framework
- Prior experience with agile methodologies and Scrum practices, including continuous integration, TDD and usage of TFS is a plus.
- Experience in working with cross site and disciplines teams especially offshore is highly desirable.
How to Apply: