Job #: 46536
Title: Data Engineer Supervisor
Job Location: Little Rock, Arkansas - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Global Jet Manufacturer (Private Company)- Little Rock, Arkansas is a completion center - Jets are flown from France to Little Rock for painting of exteriors and installation of optional avionics and custome interiors
Employees 1300 people in Little Rock, Arkansas
Arkansas Ranks 11th in the nation in aviation exports
- 2 new projects have been awarded to the Little Rock, Arkansas opration (2 new Jet Lines - the 6X and the 10X)
- Once an employee is hired and has competed their orientation and training, they do allow for a hybrid of remote and in office hour for most positions
- Relo includes: transportation of household good, mileage for one vehicle, furnished apartment for one month, and the reimbursement for one month of storage charges for household goods if needed.
- Phone interveiw first, then in person
- They pay for airfair, rental, lodging for out of state candidates.
- For those that are long distance, but chosse to drive, they will pay for all charges for meals and mileage.
Data Engineer Supervisor
In this position you will work both remotely and in the office.
The Data Engineer Supervisor is responsible for leading and coordinating the daily activities for the Data Engineering Group. In this role, you will lead and ensure the execution of data engineering activities on time, on budget and in compliance with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Supervise project, maintenance and support activities for the data engineering group in conjunction with the MIS management team. Take actions to keep project on track and alert on foreseeable issues
- Validate and lead the development, deployment and support of Reports, ETL, scripts, Database scripts and Master Data Management solutions
- Analyze and evaluate change requests and solution analysis in accordance to the global strategy and priority provided by MIS management
- Ensure adherence to change management and data engineering procedures
- Define the data architecture of new solutions with MIS management
- Assist in the definition of processes and standards for Report, ETL and Database development
- Promote Innovation, technology watch and market trend to provide up to date solutions across the facility
- Define the training plan for the Data Management team
- Supervises employees including hiring, terminating, evaluating performance, approving sick and vacation time and administering disciplinary actions.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Completed, relevant education from an accredited college or university may be substituted with years of relevant work experience.1 year of education = 2 years of experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in SQL, ETL and Data Warehousing
- Three (3) years of experience in Object Oriented Programming (C#, Java, C++ or equivalent) and applying Agile Methodology
- One (1) year of experience using Agile Tools (Jira, TFS or equivalent)
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to understand and document both technical and functional requirements
- Ability to explain complex technical information clearly to stakeholders
- Proven ability to work in team environme
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: