Job #: 5775
Title: Senior Simulation Software Architect
Job Location: Elmsford, New York - United States
Salary: $115,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10-15% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Best client! No one in the mix and needing candidates asap. JOB DESCRIPTION
Senior Simulation Software Architect
Northern New Jersey (Dover, NJ) or West Chester County NY Area (Elmsford, NY) Available
Relocation Assistance Available
Competitive Pay, 10-15% Target Bonus, 6% 401K Match, 4 Weeks Vacation, Flex Hours
This opening is with a world renowned medical instrumentation company; with strong consistent revenue growth, dynamic culture, stable environment, low turnover, and ability to work on challenging, complex projects/products. We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Architect who will elevate simulation capabilities integrated with current architecture of newly developed complex medical instrumentation products. The ideal candidate would have some product knowledge similar (clinical laboratory instruments, medical machinery - larger complex, dynamic products).
This is a newly created position that seeks an independent, confident technical leader who can work both independently as well as with complex cross-functional internal teams. The Senior Simulation Software Architect will be a key member of the Global Software Organization. You will lead, facilitate and develop software architecture for the system simulator, providing a seamless integration between the simulator and the product so that essential elements use common components to facilitate synchronization between the product and the simulator. Additional key responsibilities:
- Serve as a thought leader and mentor on technical, architectural, design and related issues.
- Increase the quality of released software by selecting and governing proper practices
- Drive best practices in Architecture, Design and Implementation
- Analyze code and designs and determine the key refactoring and re-engineering that will reduce Technical depth and deliver increased quality.
- Set quantifiable objectives that encapsulate quality attributes of a system.
- Interact with other stake holders from within and outside of the Software Department to clarify and improve practices and processes throughout the software lifecycle.
- Support evaluation of new technologies, tools and practices to define the department technology roadmap.
- Coach and mentor development team members on the rationale for architecture and design decisions.
- Provide guidance to Product Managers on feasibility of product requests.
- Ensure all architecture work aligns with the strategic direction of the business.
- Provide architecture support and clear documentation throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Promote the adoption of engineering best practices, such as the SOLID principles/Test Driven Development etc.
- Participate in code and design reviews as well as refactoring
- Bachelor`s Degree required, Advanced degree strongly preferred. 10 years of experience in software development in Windows environment with .Net and C# as well as C++ development on time sensitive systems. Software Architecture certification is highly desirable.Some background or knowledge of life in a clinical lab is highly desirable.
- Expert level understanding of Architecture and design best practices, architecture patterns, design patterns, SOLID principles and experience with when and how to refactor.
- Proficiency in application of object oriented concepts in a complex system
- Must have superb analysis skills
- Innovative - Displays original thinking and creativity, resourceful and self-motivated
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Team leadership experience. Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience with agile methodologies and Scrum practices, including continuous integration, TDD and usage of TFS is a plus.
- Good knowledge of unit testing based on Microsoft testing framework
- Experience in working with cross site and disciplines teams especially offshore is highly desirable.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: