Job #: 46428
Title: Project Engineer II - Driver Assist and Autonomy Systems
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Remote Job: Yes
Salary: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is an exciting position because it gives you the opportunity to be both technical and creative in developing the technology that will decide our future in vehicle and transportation markets. JOB DESCRIPTION
Job summary of the Project Engineer - Driver Assist and Autonomy Systems:
Our client, a globally recognized name in vehicle systems, is looking for a Project Engineer to develop next generation ADAS and autonomous driving technologies. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of vehicle-level requirements and follow projects through the full life cycle. You will be responsible for creating the big-picture concepts and making sure the detailed technical work stays true to it. This will include developing the BOM, engineering change managements, issue resolution, validation testing procedures, supplier quality oversight, and component/solution sourcing as the product moves through the program gates from concept to production and distribution.
This is an exciting position because it gives you the opportunity to be both technical and creative in developing the technology that will decide our future in vehicle and transportation markets.
This position is eligible for remote work, with occasional visits to the main development center.
Responsibilities of the Project Engineer - Driver Assist and Autonomy Systems:
- Direct and Indirect management of multiple projects
- Support a collaborative culture
- Collaboration with the platform and product teams to support project roadmap
- Collaborate with procurement on managing supplier relationships and product co-development
- Develop Vehicle Level Product Requirements documents
- Lead Benchmarking projects to enable competitive requirement setting
- Collect technical customer requirements, specifications, and associated documents
- Compare customer requirements and specifications with existing specifications, identify specification deviations
- Review Component and System Design Requirements Documents (DRDs)
- DFMEA and DVP&R support in execution of Product Development and APQP processes
- Support issue resolution using rigorous problem-solving practices
- Provide technical support for ADAS products to all areas.
- Masters degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- At least 4 years of experience in product design/development for vehicle controls, ECUs, etc.
- Some familiarity with ADAS or related systems (robotics, drones, etc.).
- Knowledge of vehicle systems, including but not limited to: software, electrical, hardware, powertrain, body, and chassis, as well as propulsion and dynamic control concepts.
- Experience developing technical product requirements and driving delivery through a product development process.
- A focus on safety and quality as well as use of the ISO26262 and ISO21448 processes for understanding and mitigating risk in these systems.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: