Job #: 46789
Title: Senior Scientist (Chemist)
Job Location: South Bend, Indiana - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 8% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
World-class medical manufacturing facility
Over $100M has been invested at this site in the past 4 years and business is thriving.
Site produces billions of products a year (medical consumables)
Seeking experienced Organic Chemistry experience; hands-on production laboratory work
Competitive base pay, 8% bonus, 6% 401k match, 4 weeks paid time off + holidays, excellent benefits from Day 1
South Bend, IN Area (Relocation Assistance Provided)
Competitive base pay, 10% bonus, 6% 401k match, excellent healthcare from Day 1
Immediate job opening for a Senior Scientist for a billion-dollar medical diagnostics manufacturer in northern Indiana. Stable, consistent, and fun chemistry work!
- World class medical manufacturing facility
- Over $100M has been invested at this site in the past 4 years and business is thriving.
- Site produces billions of products a year (medical consumables)
- Seeking experienced Organic Chemistry experience; hands-on production laboratory work
- Preparation and synthesis of chemicals used in production scale medical diagnostic products
- Synthesis of raw materials, process, residual, finished product and stability testing (cGMP regulations)
- Transfer of methods, validations, investigations, team projects and special studies
- Analyze technical information, prepares reports/charts/graphs, and advises senior staff
- Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Desired Masters or PhD experience, minimum BSChemE
- Min 5 years experience in chemical process development (life sciences, medical, pharmaceutical, or similar)
- Demonstrated experience in synthetic organic chemistry and analytical chemistry strongly preferred.
- Ability to set up, monitor and purify preparative scale organic reactions following established procedures
- Knowledge of proper laboratory documentation and maintenance, archiving of paperwork, attention to specification limits for any tests performed, and immediate notification of any out-of-specification (OOS) results.
- Experience with ISO13483, cGMP and other regulatory agency work practices and documentation requirements.
- Demonstrable hands on experience with performing preparative chromatography, able to pack, run, and maintain preparative chromatography columns.
- Proficient in use of standard laboratory equipment; ability to run complex analytical assays including HPLC, FTIR, UV; ability to interpret NMR and other analytical methods used to characterize purity of compounds made.
- Demonstrated working understanding and application of SAP
- Demonstrated working understanding of lean manufacturing tools (e.g. 5S, Kanban, work cell, process mapping, etc)
- Demonstrated working understanding and application of 6-Sigma tools
- Demonstrated understanding and application of problem solving skills (K-T, Fishbone, A3, etc)
- Demonstrates strong written & verbal skills to communicate technical information
- Must be US Citizen/Perm Resident, No Visa Sponsorship currently.
Organization requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date. (Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons).
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: