Job #: 5733
Title: Commercial Construction Senior Superintendent
Job Location: San Jose, California - United States
Salary: $150,000.00 - $210,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Excellent- email for detail when appropriate
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Commercial Construction Sr. Superintendent
One of the most innovative construction management firms in the industry that has consistently been named one of the best places to work in the country!
The Superintendent is responsible for overseeing and managing all day-to-day job site activities, including project team performance, site conditions, compliance with our build smart approach and safety and quality standards, compliance with scope, and effective management of trade partners. A primary responsibility of this individual is to establish and implement the baseline schedule based on the contracts, while proactively addressing challenges that could impact the progress of work and ensuring that the work performed is consistent with the contracted scope
- Oversee, manage and document all day-to-day job site activities including OSHA safety compliance.
- Direct field personnel according to the project plan and supervisory principles.
- Communicate issues, events, performance and progress daily to the Project Manager.
- Report any problems promptly to the Project Manager to facilitate the most cost-effective solutions.
- Request advice and assistance from the General Superintendent on matters pertaining to materials, sequencing, scheduling and personnel.
- Identify pre-mobilization activities in conjunction with the Project Executive, General Superintendent, and the Project Manager.
- Develop start-up schedule with Project Manager and send it to the Project Executive and General Superintendent for review.
- Assist in formulating and implementing construction schedules in the field.
- Establish and implement the Project Baseline Schedule based on the project contracts and subcontractor input, taking into account any elements that might impact the schedule.
- Maintain the schedule and ensure that work performed is consistent with the contract and will meet or exceed client expectations.
- Provide progress report with the two-week look ahead of schedule to the Project Manager and the field staff.
- Review the project daily to insure that all activities are being performed in accordance with all OSHA and governing requirements and the project site specific safety plan.
- Review safety reports and injury data to assess safety performance on assigned projects.
- Ensure project(s) are budgeted & staffed appropriately to support safety programs.
- Communicate clear expectations for safety to project teams.
- Perform safety inspections using predictive solutions software IAW SCCI safety program.
- Insure that all pertinent benchmarks for the project are established and inserted into the baseline schedule.
- Insure that all appropriate individuals become members of the Q-Team.
- Insure that all 1st delivery inspections and Benchmark inspections occur per the baseline schedule so as not to impact the progression of the subsequent work.
- Insure that the inspections are approved, documented and communicated to the project team
- Subcontractor and Site Management throughout the Project
- Manage site pre-construction including pre-construction survey, job site utilization and staging plans.
- Mobilize the field office and maintains the job site to standards.
- Organize documentation of the job site for easy access and review.
- Manage subcontractor performance to quality and ethical standards.
- Work with PM to identify and resolve personnel issues and construction process revisions.
- Manage all phases of the construction process including documenting and reporting site activities and progress, manage excavations and assist with Job Site Utilization Plan.
- Attend project turnover, mobilization and project coordination meetings.
- Attend/ chair safety pre-construction meetings.
- Attend/chair weekly foreman and safety meetings.
- Attend/chair monthly schedule review meetings.
- Attend closeout meetings.
- Attend owner meetings.
- Attend/chair subcontractor meetings and any others necessary to monitor and manage the project.
- Complete and implement construction office checklists including emergency phone lists.
- Complete daily reports and maintains logs of key activities, files and shop drawings.
- Manage the quality and condition of all material deliveries.
- Maintain required safety reporting and all other required files to Suffolk standards.
- Insure that as-built working drawings are maintained as well as the current drawing log and revision log, communicating this to the subcontractors.
- Project Closeout
- Manage subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner training, work list and punch list.
- Bachelors degree in applicable discipline and experience relative to project size/scope.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in related construction fields.
- Must have experience in last 9 year with two $100M projects (high rise) from the ground up
- Applicable area licenses.
- Full cycle experience ( 5 year tenure )
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: