Job #: 46896
Title: Sr. Commissioning Specialist
Job Location: Baltimore, Maryland - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great employer with a very strong reputation
The role is salaried but they pay for every hour of overtime
After a few months, this role can be partially remote (2 days/week at home) JOB DESCRIPTION
Our reputable engineering client is seeking a full-time Senior Commissioning Specialist to join their Building Design Group in their Baltimore or Fairfax, VA office. This is a critical role to lead commissioning projects for a variety of clients and building types in the Mid-Atlantic region.
The position requires participation in all aspects of the commissioning process including field activities, preparation of commissioning documentation and coordination with other team members.
- Lead commissioning projects of varying sizes and complexities, manage project execution and scheduling.
- Execute all required commissioning tasks for projects including development of commissioning documents, site visits, execution of field testing, design review, and coordination with contractors, clients and subconsultants.
- Serve as a technical resource to in-house design and construction management teams.
- Participate in business development activities including meeting with clients and preparation of proposals.
Applicants should ideally possess:
- About 10 years experience leading commissioning activities for a wide range of buildings and system types including mission critical systems, air handling systems, chilled and heating water systems, packaged HVAC units, DDC control systems and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of building mechanical system design, calculations, controls and energy efficient design practices including LEED.
- Knowledge of building electrical and plumbing systems is desired.
- Knowledgeable with industry commissioning standards
- Experience with building construction and building system operations, including troubleshooting building systems operational issues.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with clients, contractors and colleagues.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
- PE license
- Commissioning Certification (BCA, ACG, ASHRAE, NEBB, etc.)
- U.S. Citizen
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a U.S. Government security clearance
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: