Job #: 47883
Title: Tooling Engineer - Plastics
Job Location: Buffalo, New York - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Are you a self-starter with strong decision-making skills? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a high level of responsibility? Our client, a very successful supplier to the automotive manufacturing industry, is seeking an exceptional Tooling Engineer to join their Buffalo, New York facility.
The successful candidate will be a part of a globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Specify, procure, and implement new Injection Molding Tooling for our North American sites.
- Collaborate with the product design team to review and provide feedback on part designs relating to mold-ability, quality, and cost.
- Prepare estimates for new tooling and design changes.
- Develop and/or update tooling specifications for the RFQ process.
- Manage tooling suppliers to design, develop, construct and deliver new injection mold tooling, including adherence to timing plans.
- Work with tooling suppliers to trial and approve new tools for shipment.
- Coordinate delivery of tooling to manufacturing locations.
- Work with inspection/quality teams to ensure plastic parts are inspected properly.
- Participate with product team in the creation and tolerance of 2D drawings from a tooling and injection molding standpoint.
- Travel to tool shops and manufacturing plants 1 to 2 times per month (approx. 25% travel)
- Minimum 5 years experience in plastic injection mold tool design, development, and implementation.
- Mechanical / Technical Diploma / Degree or equivalent experience in injection molding.
- Ability to use basic functions of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Asset - Unigraphics or other solids design experience.
- Asset - Automotive HVAC housing and/or radiator tank injection mold tooling experience.
- Asset - Injection molding process and equipment knowledge and experience.
- Asset - Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and equipment design.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: