Job #: 46786
Title: Quality Engineer - Tier I to Mercedes
Job Location: Birmingham, Alabama - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $55,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a large World Class Tier I automotive supplier with over 20,000 employees. This successful company is in the process of filling a Quality Engineer position for their plant located east of Birmingham, AL. The successful candidate will have 3 to 5 years experience working as Quality Engineer or similar within a high paced Tier I automotive environment supplying to MERCEDES, Honda or Nissan.
- Experience with Automotive Quality including IATF 16949, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, Control Plan, Quality Audits, 8-D, 5-Why
- Problem solving skills customer and internal issues (problems) by focusing simultaneously process and systemic issues to prevent quality complain /rejects.
- Lead a team of Quality Engineers in the daily operation including Advanced Quality Planning, Supplier Quality, Production Support, and Customer Interaction.
- Experience building and maintain customer relationship .
- Experience with developing and updating standard operating procedures (SOP) .
- Experience with supplier quality to serve as a liaison between plant and suppliers to ensure material specifications are agreed and notification of changes are communicated and resolve parts quality issue.
- Parts measurement, data analysis, interpretation data .
- Need to lead a team of quality inspectors.
- Knowledge in Lean manufacturing and Toyota Production system (TPS)
- Prefer to have Bachelors Degree in Engineering (not mandatory)
- ASQ (CQE) certification preferred
Do you require sponsoring in order to work in the USA? Our client will not sponsor.
Computer Skills: MS Power Point, MS office, MS Excel, kronos and other statistical software
Our client has exceptional benefits, vacation and overall compensation.
Target salary range is $60,000 to $80,000 + BONUS + 3 Weeks Vacation
How to Apply: