Job #: 47653
Title: Buyer / Procurement Analyst
Job Location: Dubuque, Iowa - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
. JOB DESCRIPTION
Buyer / Procurement Analyst
Greater Dubuque, IA area
A growing manufacturer in the greater Dubuque Iowa area is seeking a Purchasing, Sourcing / Supply Chain Analyst. The best fit candidate will support the purchasing leadership of the company, specifically in the areas of tactical and strategic procurement, transportation, procurement planning, customer services, supplier development and inventory management.
What You Get To Do:
- Purchase parts, equipment, and materials by preparing request for quotations and submitting purchase orders with approved suppliers. Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers.
- Maintains accurate lead times for assigned commodities.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company
- Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Advises appropriate personnel of impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery. Maintains and builds supplier relationships and robust communication process.
- Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues. Facilitates the resolution of issues by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel.
- Negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, and losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers.
What We Need From You:
- Minimum of 2-5 years purchasing / supply chain experience.
- Associates degree required; in business, engineering, or materials management or certification in supply chain management preferred.
- Must have advanced computer skills and be able to understand electronic processing. Technically proficient in Excel, Access, and ERP systems.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: