Job #: 5735
Title: Senior EHS Safety Specialist
Job Location: Beaumont, Texas - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 15-20% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global chemical company, one of the largest in the world with over 110,000 employees. Financially sound and will offer infinite career opportunities to professionals. Company offers excellent pay, benefits and full relocation to include home purchase. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (EHS) is responsible for supporting the site in an effective, safe, and environmentally acceptable operations. This position will provide technical support for Occupational Safety Industrial Hygiene (OSIH), Process Safety, and Emergency Response compliance activities as needed through a shared HUB services concept.
- Lead in the development of EHS programs with focus on Occupational Safety and Industrial Hygiene, and Process Safety for the assigned site(s). This may include supporting other sites in the Texas Hub as necessary.
- Advise site management of compliance concerns and provide strategic guidance on EHS matters to the site leadership teams.
- Coordinate and conduct exposure monitoring in accordance with the Industrial Hygiene Monitoring Plan, including recordkeeping, results interpretation, and recommendations for controls and communication.
- Complete all internal and external EHS reporting to ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate and participate in incident investigations to ensure root causes are identified and appropriate corrective actions are created and implemented.
- Support the interface with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues.
- Support the development and implementation of EHS training programs for new and existing employees
- As the site Radiation Safety Officer, manage monitoring, testing, and any compliance-related activities. Will be required to take RSO training and be approved by the state.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Safety Engineering, Engineering, Chemistry, Science, or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience as an OSIH Specialist and/or in an Operations Manufacturing role. In lieu of degree, a minimum of 8 years of experience as an OSIH Specialist and/or in an Operations Manufacturing role.
- Prior background at a Refining or Chemical manufacturing facility preferred.
- Professional certification as a CSP, ASP, CIH, or CIHT strongly desired.
- Experience with Process Safety Management and /Process Safety at a Refining or Chemical manufacturing facility is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of OSHA and NFPA rules.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work with employees at all levels of management; ability to effectively communicate with Management, Operations, Maintenance, and Contractors.
- Data analysis capability while using different programs and databases.
- Knowledge of current industry safety practices; lead/facilitate OSHA/RMP regulatory Inspections.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: