Job #: 42560
Title: Healthcare Interior Designer
Job Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
Healthcare Interior Designer
We are currently looking for an interior designer that is highly motivated, detail oriented individual to work in a high volume and fast paced environment for Healthcare markets. The designer role has various responsibilities and experience expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordination of all Company resources and assumption of responsibility for all elements related to the provision of professional design services in the pursuit of and service to existing and potential clients
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested
Employee must possess, acquire and/or maintain a working knowledge of professional design in the following areas:
- Employee must develop a working knowledge of design specific software programs used in the performance of their job responsibilities including AutoCAD and CAP and such other software programs as may be used in the performance of duties as a professional designer.
- Employee must develop a practical, working knowledge of the specific product lines represented. Working knowledge should include but not be limited to approved manufacturer product design and application, product specification and technical specifications.
- Employee must develop an understanding of applicable codes, ordinances and regulations governing the design and installation of the specific product lines represented. This knowledge should include but not be limited to practical application of the National Electric Code, Chicago Electric Code, National fire Code and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Additionally, employee should be aware of relevant ergonomic and health safety issues related to work station design.
- Employee must develop an understanding of the design process and all practical and technical aspects of each step in the process including but not limited to:
- Project Initialization
- Blocking and Space Planning
- Interior Design
- Product Specification, Pricing, Discounting and Verification
- Installation Drawing Preparation, & Coordination
- Custom Furniture Design
- Project Documentation
- Employee must become competent in the creation and delivery of professional design presentations to end users and interior design and architectural firms.
In addition to the foregoing, employee must:
- Comply with all policies and directives of the company and conduct all business affairs in an ethical and professional manner.
- Refrain from any action or instruction to other designers, employees of the company, vendors, or clients that conflict with accepted business ethics.
- Manage their daily activities efficiently for effective time management.
- Provide prompt and effective follow-up of tasks and responsibilities.
- Perform professional design duties accurately.
- Maintain accurate records of conversations, meetings, expenses, and transmittals.
- Maintain cooperative relations with all internal departments and fellow employees.
- Associates or Bachelor degree in Interior design/Interior Architecture or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years previous experience in commercial healthcare interior design experience, including experience selling design concepts to customers
- Demonstrated success working independently and handling multiple projects in various stages of completion
- Demonstrated ability to research technical information
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCad, SketchUp, Visual Impressions
- Ability to read blueprints and perform hand drafting
- Ability to travel to client locations in WI locations
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: