Job #: 47537
Title: Production Supervisor
Job Location: Montgomery, Alabama - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Opportunity to work for a global packaging company this is growing and non-union based.
Worldwide company, publicly traded, alot of opportunity for growth.
The Production Supervisor will have an opportunity to move up to Production Manager within a couple of years. JOB DESCRIPTION
Seeking a Production Supervisor for a global packaging manufacturer in the Birmingham, Alabama area. This production leader will have a diverse workload in support of the manufacturing needs of the plant. The successful candidate will be results-oriented, can motivate a team to perform at high levels, collaborate with other departments to assess the plants processes and will have an opportunity to expand your knowledge as each day varies and be able to contribute to the plants growth. Apply to learn more!
- Report to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will be tasked with achieving the production objectives and optimizing efficiency and resources.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement / process improvement and ensure employee engagement and development.
- Manage and engage staff based on company values and business strategy
- Effectively manage human and material resources to ensure sound financial performance and achievement of manufacturing efficiency targets
- Drive change initiative and implement process improvements as part of a multi-functional team
- Lead safety efforts for employees by identifying high-risk situations, conducting safety meetings, and coordinating worker safety activities
- Optimize efficiencies and drive efforts to reduce waste and downtime and increase production availability
- Provide the necessary training for a diverse workforce and have a working knowledge of best practices for training and development
- Hold team accountable to deliverables and work expectations
- Bachelor`s degree in Operations Management, Engineering, or relevant field (preferred)
- Three (3) years plant supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience leading and coaching a production team.
- Certified in Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma.
- Prior experience working with paper converting is a plus.
- Strong people management skills and proficient at mentoring and coaching employees for success.
- Ability to acquire applicable converting/technical/machine knowledge and to train and transfer knowledge effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and SAP.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: