Job #: 47310
Title: Feed Manager (KH-9519)
Job Location: Cobleskill, New York - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: $60,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Feed Manager position - New York
$60,000 - $90,000 JOB DESCRIPTION
A large dairy located in New York who is searching for Feed Manager for their operation. The Feed Manager, will be responsible for the oversight of the entire feeding program. This position is a hands-on position and occasionally may be responsible for feeding cows.
- Lead the feed team in the successful implementation of the nutrition program, including management and oversight of:
- Regular DM testing of feeds and forages
- Regular audit of feed management software data in order to monitor feeder accuracy, DMI and feed efficiency performance
- Forage inventories and bunk face management
- Feed bunk and mangers, and maintenance of appropriate and adequate dry matter demand levels.
- Regular audits of feeding equipment (especially mixers) to ensure proper function and optimal performance for TMR consistency
- Regular forage sampling routine
- Silo cover removal procedures according to written protocol.
- Foster teamwork and inclusiveness within the feed team, across all cattle sites.
- On-going training and development of feed team.
- Collaborate with nutritionist and feed team to implement feeding program according to written protocols.
- Actively identify opportunities in the implementation of the feeding program to enhance labor efficiency and animal performance.
- Communicate with feeder team, nutritionist and farm management to develop plans to affect improvements.
- Communicate and collaborate with herd management team regarding cattle health and performance, especially as those outcomes could relate to the feeding program.
- Communicate and collaborate with crops team during planting and harvest season to ensure adequate feed inventories and continually improve forage quality.
- Collaborate with feed harvest and storage team to ensure optimal feed quality in storage, including
- Shaker box testing for particle size
- Packing density
- Fermentation quality audits
- Collaborate with nutritionist and management to develop and maintain selected key performance indicators for the feeding program, such as Energy Correct Feed Efficiency (FE), Income Over Feed Cost (IOFC), component corrected income, and other KPIs as determined by management and advisors.
MUST HAVE CURRENT DAIRY EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Must have experience in feeding a TMR to Dairy Cows
- Must be computer literate Excel, FeedWatch, or other feeding software
- Ability to manage, teach and evaluate people
- Strong Organizational skill
- Very detailed oriented
- Strong Dairy Science background; must understand the relationship between nutrition and cow health and productivity
- Bilingual in English and Spanish desired
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be eligible to work in the US without Sponsorship
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: