Job #: 47192
Title: Accounting Manager
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: + 20% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Newly created role to make a significant impact on the business. Strong accounting/finance team and positive, supportive culture. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Accounting Manager will be an integral role within the Accounting and Finance function. This role is responsible for running month-end and year-end close, variance analysis, oversight of our AP, PO, and T&E systems, assisting in our year-end audit, and improving our internal controls program. In addition, this role will work cross-functionally to identify and implement process improvements and efficiencies to support the needs of the growing business.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate month-end close accurately and with tight deadlines.
- Prepare and post month-end journal entries.
- Review and assess accuracy of accruals.
- Prepare month-end balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Identify and resolve balance sheet and P&L variances and issues affecting the US Business unit.
- Supervise the accounts payable system (LaserFische) and approve invoices as needed.
- Oversight of our T&E system (Concur), including new hire training, and system enhancements.
- Maintain PO system, including PO review & approvals, system upgrades, and updates to the approval hierarchy.
Audit, Controls, and Ad-Hoc
- Oversight and enforcement of our T&E policy and address policy related questions with all employees.
- Maintain existing internal controls and assist Director in rolling out a robust audit program across the business unit.
- Provide support for year-end audit activities.
- Calculate Sales & Use Tax as-needed.
- Issue 1099-MISC forms.
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed.
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned.
- 7+ years of Accounting and Reporting experience in a fast pace corporate environment or similar relevant accounting experience.
- CPA required, Bachelors degree required
- 3+ years experience at a CPG, Food/Beverage or Fortune 500 company is preferred.
- Audit experience from a professional audit firm is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills; Advanced Excel knowledge
- Experience with databases and ERP systems such as Cognos and QAD.
- Experience with Sales & Use tax is beneficial.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: