Job #: 5861
Title: Estimator - Project Engineering #8260
Job Location: Raleigh, North Carolina - United States
Salary: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Raleigh, NC - our primary goal is to locate a candidate within close geographical proximity to the area but we will consider individuals willing to make the transition to the area. But if they have overhead Crane anywhere.
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Outstanding opportunity to be the person leading and directing the growth of an estimating department for special equipment manufacture! With the proper qualifications this opportunity may be for you! Our client is a fast growing player in the material handling industry offering custom and standardized product and are looking to find a person that is accountable and willing to oversee project estimation and bidding process involving the product/system design and the construction aspects. You will find yourself directing the efforts and future growth by: JOB DESCRIPTION
- Monitor lead services and set up leads in (CRM) Client Relationships Management working to improve management of the estimating department by developing tools and techniques for efficiency.
- Primary contact for all incoming new equipment telephone requests and or web inquires.
- Work closely with salesmen, project managers, and engineering staff to complete team efforts.
- Prepare bids and proposals based on estimates; prepare bidders lists; and enter quotes in CRM. Prepare complete files for submission to engineering.
- Write up new jobs and maintain job log; and a "to be quoted" log with bid dates. Additionally be sure all Statement of Compliance reports are written and logged.
- Review customer drawings and specifications; prepare preliminary drawings to accompany Vendor request for quotation (RFQs); obtain quotes from vendors to complete estimates.
- Utilize software to size product such as cranes related members and components.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Construction Management Technology; other degrees are acceptable but an understanding of mechanical and mechanized equipment is important.
- Demonstrated skills and experience estimating in a construction environment; or mechanical systems such as conveyors, cranes, or other automation equipment and storage systems.
- Technical Skills desired include a strong ability to read and interpret blueprints; math and calculating; basic design and layouts; and researching materials and components. (Price and delivery).
- Software / Computer: SolidWorks or SolidEdge (or similar package) is a plus; strong capability with Microsoft Word and Excel usage; CRM and ERP system management exposure.
- My client realizes very few people will have knowledge in their specific custom product but are willing to train and work with someone to achieve independence in the role. What they are looking for in dynamics is a person that is extremely organized; has the ability to multi-task/ juggle priorities; is assertive with a take charge attitude; really wants to be accountable for success of the area.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: