Job #: 5892
Title: Chief Operating Officer (Technology Start-Up)
Job Location: San Francisco, California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 20-25% bonus, potential equity
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
DO NOT SHARE SALARY
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Chief Operating Officer
Bay Area, CA or Richmond, VA
A fast-growing, angel-backed startup is seeking an experienced Chief Operating Officer to join an innovative software solutions provider. The COO will be a key player in the elevation and scaling of the business; providing strategic direction and tactical implementation of growth, in collaboration with the CEO.
The vision for the software platform originated with a lifelong entrepreneur who has a rich history in foodservice industry. The founder/CEO (whose accolades include "Hot Concepts" Awards and "Hottest Restaurateurs under 30" by nationally known restaurant publications), has a history of creating successful ventures for various industries (medical, financial, retail, and foodservice). They have introduced an innovative, streamlined, data-driven "digital marketplace", that is currently transforming the relationship between manufacturers/distributors, restaurant operators, and suppliers. The platform stands alone in a lightly populated space, comprehensively solving an industry wide need.
The business is still in its infancy from a scalability standpoint, but has an impressive tenured board of directors with excellent funding/support. We seek a strong COO to craft a successful go to market campaign and build out the structure within the organization from all aspects. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Provide leadership developing and executing strategies for business growth. Analyze current direction and vision for the business (from CEO) and make suggestions/recommendations positioning for continual growth. We are seeking someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, an executor, tactical yet strategic leader. Must have great customer relations experience.
- Build a robust infrastructure, fostering the well-being and growth of the company. Operationally build out functions not limited to sales/support, HR/training, cyber security/IT (partially outsourced), facilities management, call center/customer service.
- Build, lead, and inspire a growing sales and business development team to deliver profitable growth, as well as implement a CRM tool. Co-develop company sales team strategy in collaboration with the CEO. Market Strategy key elements being: Awareness, Demand Generation, Sales Engagement, Opportunity Development.
- Drive revenue and optimize costs, to drive profitability and continue to deliver on customer expectations.
- Interview, hire and train employees. Participate in appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop and implement tools to track forecasting, pipeline management, and key account level metrics to support the success of the sales function.
- Design the strategy for fulfillment and management of agreements, define process, and organize sales, setup, and ongoing monitoring to ensure success
- Monitor development of thought leadership marketing campaign and digital assets, coordinating content development, digital asset development teams and sales teams.
- Participate in speaking engagements, trade publications/periodicals, social media when necessary
- Provide executive leadership with monthly and annual reviews of organization`s status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Bachelor`s Degree Required; Advanced Degree strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of Sales & Business Development Operations in a fast-scaling technology company. Knowledge of the food / foodservice industry and/or cloud-based SaaS strongly preferred.
- Seniority: 10+ years of leadership experience.
- Ability to lead the Company through the transition from early stage to mature stage. Desire to work in a dynamic start-up, and be effective resolving ambiguities. Must be able to transition seamlessly from strategic level vision creation to day-to-day tactical operations. Must have sharp focus to end goals.
- Experience building teams from scratch or scaling organizations is a must
- Ability to think creatively and be resourceful
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, be flexible and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High intellectual capacity, particularly in an analytical and strategic context
- Strong problem solving and creative skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients and customers.
- Strong PC and business systems knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel 15-25% of the time.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: