Job #: 5956
Title: Sales Representative (Bilingual Japanese)
Job Location: Stanford, Kentucky - United States
Salary: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a automotive metal stamping and die manufacturing firm in Kentucky and most of their customers are Japanese firms. They need a Sales Representative who speaks Japanese and understands the customs of the Japanese business culture. Some experience is preferred but they are open to the possibility of training someone who has a willingness to learn. They will pay for costs of relocating and settling in to the area. JOB DESCRIPTION
To review and analyze the company`s product pricing compared to published or disclosed prices of competitors in the market place. To develop pricing options to meet competitive opportunities and provide input for profitability projections and corporate pricing strategy. Manages sales and product marketing of the companys engineered product through aggressive sales campaigns. Is the primary contact for all customer service issues involving the company and the client. Frequent contact and communication with the President concerning customer product satisfaction and concerns is required, as well as strongly promoting customer confidence and loyalty for the product being produced. QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy for future marketing and promotion activities.
- Reviews market analysis to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Develops sales campaigns to affect the goals of the company.
- Negotiate and arrange purchases, sales orders, and transportation of goods including shipping documentation and accounting.
- Contact, consult and negotiate with buyers, wholesalers and retailers.
- Checking raw material from suppliers for quantity and quality specifications in tandem with production control and engineering.
- Primary customer service and technical contact for customer product concerns.
- Direct product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from the sales line.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote company product line.
- Analyze and control expenditures of sales division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Must be capable of operating as a liaison for communication between the company and Japanese customers and vendors.
- Frequent travel and a willingness to work long hours using time management skills is necessary.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and assists in setting performance goals accordingly.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals and establish new business.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Calls on management representatives such as engineers, or other professional and technical personnel at other establishments and attempts to convince prospective clients of desirability and practicability of products or services our company can offer.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Recommends changes, where warranted, for pricing of renewal business, new product offers, and long-term contracts with major customers.
- Draws up or proposes changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations.
- Bachelor`s degree (B. A. or B.S.) in Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline from four-year college or university is essential for management of customer service issues within a bi-cultural environment; two-five years of supervisory/sales training experience in the automotive parts sales industry or a comparable industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of automotive metal stamping, and die manufacturing within the customs of the Japanese business culture is desired.
- Fluency in both writing and speaking English and Japanese is considered necessary. Additionally, knowledge of acceptable business protocol for both Japanese and American sales is required.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or other members of the business community.
- Capacity to effectively present complex engineering concepts and technical ideas to top management, public groups, and customers.
- Aptitude for working with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, fractions, percentages, ratios, and the applications necessary to apply the information to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and effective organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel or Lotus 1-2-3 and the ability to learn new software database systems as needed.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: