Job #: 5993
Title: Development Chemist
Job Location: Reading, Massachusetts - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a major player in the Adhesives world. This position is an add to their staff to help them continue to grow their business. This is a devlopment role where bench work and interaction with customers is part of the day to day activity. Background in adhesives is critical, epoxy, urethane or polyurethane expertise would be ideal. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a leader in the development of methacrylate adhesives for bonding engineered plastics, advanced composites, metals, and other dissimilar substrates.
The Development Chemist is responsible for the design, development, documentation, and scale-up of new products to satisfy business goals, and the coordination of lab functions, lab duties, technical support and overall daily project management with appropriate lab personnel and other departments.
Develop, synthesize, support, and record adhesive compositions based on methacrylate, epoxy, urethane or polyurethane chemistries for near- and long-term support and new product development needs.
Design highly-focused and data-driven new product development projects that yield high valued, differentiated products. Identify project goals within a stage-gate process, establish a test strategy, conduct laboratory evaluations and issue final comprehensive reports.
- Work virtually with other platform laboratories around the world on collaborative projects.
- Interact with customers to translate into a new product development project the objectives, product parameters, and beta test results to complete the development process.
- Follow established ISO procedures and documentation including stage-gate.
- Coordinate internal shareholders on product transfer from R&D to scale-up, commercialization
- Determine design/formulation and product specifications to maximize ease of manufacturing.
- Manage multiple projects/tasks independently and fully utilize analytical laboratory equipment.
- Manage project work load and schedule to shorten the commercialization process.
- Assist in training /direction of new personnel, sales and distributor reps.
Requirements for the Development Chemist in Massachusetts
- BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or Polymer Engineering or Science, Masters ideal
- 3-5 years industry experience at the bench in a polymer- or adhesive-related field.
- Practical, hands-on scientist with good lab technique and problem-solving ability.
- Strong computer, organizational, and destructive/mechanical testing skills.
- Experience with stage-gate and fluency with Word, Excel, Act, Access. JD Edwards a plus.
- Ability to travel occasionally to customers, suppliers and trade shows
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: