Job #: 6006
Title: Reliability Engineer - Rotating Equipment
Job Location: East Chicago, Indiana - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a worldwide chemical manufacturer, is currently seeking a Reliability Engineer in the Chicago IL area that has a strong background in rotating equipment (Pumps, motors, compressors, etc.). The reliability engineer works with the Reliability team and other corporate/regional/plant personnel to achieve strategic reliability goals. JOB DESCRIPTION
The overall objective of the Reliability Engineer is to ensure safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations based on collection and analysis of data and information and analysis of cost, risk and benefits.
- Analyze data and information from multiple sources to identify, recommend and justify life-cycle cost and reliability improvements.
- Own and lead the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for major failures.
- Optimize preventative maintenance programs and Ide at operating facilities.
- Identify and resolve long-term or chronic asset concerns.
- Assist in engineering, design, specification and assessment of mechanical equipment, assets and projects.
- Review and update Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Identify, pilot and implement new technologies for reliability improvement.
- Develop and assist with Reliability assessment of facilities and or equipment.
- Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity.
- Utilize Six Sigma methodologies for continuous improvement of Reliability.
- Assist with setting up new facilities and reliability programs.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires approximately 25% travel domestically. Accessibility during off-hours (laptop and cell phone) is occasionally required.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in maintenance/reliability engineering in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in maintenance and engineering of mechanical equipment in process industries.
- Proven experience in understand and interpreting engineering documents.
- Proven knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies.
- Proven experience in execution of Reliability methodologies such as RCA, RCI, FMEA, Statistical downtime analysis etc.
- Proven experience in engineering, specification and design of mechanical systems, assets and projects.
- Excellent communication, team interaction and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on cross functional teams.
- Proven experience as a self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
- Proven understanding of machinery installation, commissioning and process optimization in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- CMRP or CRE status.
- Proven experience in CMMS systems such as Infor EAM.
- Proven knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies and techniques.
- Proven knowledge of reliability methodologies and strategies such as RCM, TPM, Spare Parts Management, Planning & Scheduling and CMMS optimization.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: