Job #: 6019
Title: Head of IT/SAP
Job Location: Rome, Georgia - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Small company with a 3-year-old SAP program (previously, this company used BPCS) seeking the Head of IT/SAP to coach, train, mentor, etc. their budding department of 6. The company is seeking someone who is hands-on and strategic, as this will be an opportunity for someone to mold the IT/SAP department. This position is the top IT/SAP person, and it reports to the CFO. JOB DESCRIPTION
This position is responsible for directing and supporting continuous improvement efforts within Information Services by improving and designing business and data systems, along with the supporting infrastructure, and to serve as a proactive business leader and contributor to consistent EVA growth. This person will consistently and proactively model a high level of personal and business integrity and work to maximize the value through continuous improvement and will champion our culture.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Peers Include: Director of Pricing, VP of Customer Service and Logistics, Accounting Manager, Cost Accounting Manager
III.Position Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead and support organizational continuous improvement efforts
- Direct a team of system professionals in supporting SAP, business systems, server systems, manufacturing systems and information security services for all business activities.
- Ensure review and creation of systems strategies needed to support strategic initiatives.
- Plan and manage the evaluation of software processes and initiates process improvement activities.
- Drive common processes around technology platforms, data governance, application development/integration and system change procedures.
- Identify areas for potential consolidation of resources and costs (processes, application, and infrastructure)
- Determine and manage department spending and contribute to EVA growth.
- Develop and lead the strategy for supporting our SAP environment
- Ensure the design of the SAP landscape supports the needs of the business and manage changes needed.
- Direct the support, maintenance, hosting, and configuration strategies needed to support SAP.
- Determine the appropriate upgrade timelines and gain business support for projects.
- Determine the technical infrastructure needed to support operational plans
- Support the management of the IS infrastructure (WAN, internet, servers, VMware, SAN).
- Ensure the infrastructure and processes provide the appropriate security to protect the business.
- Support the management of our external service partners to ensure all mission-critical applications are available and performing at the appropriate level.
- Stay up to date on technology and innovation trends that may impact the business or provide improvement opportunities.
- Direct and develop reports: Business Systems Analysts, Manufacturing Systems Technician, and Technical Support Administrator
- Meet with direct reports for business information as well as advising, coaching, and problem solving.
- Lead team in developing and implementing department objectives and goals.
Leadership Team, Department Managers, Chief Financial Officer, Operations Business Unit Leaders, other Directors.
Service partners for Hosting, Network, SAP, PLM, and EDI activities.
V.Scope of Authority
This position is directly responsible for supervising all IS functions, along with providing support and leadership for ERP-related initiatives and system initiatives. Assignments to this position are outlined and work in progress and completed work is reviewed occasionally.
As assigned and/or authorized.
Work is generally sedentary in a busy office environment. Heavy workloads and aggressive deadlines are frequent challenges of the position. Occasional travel may be required.
- Traits, Abilities and Level of Expertise
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to manage projects and work under the stress of deadlines
- Ability to manage teams through enterprise-wide information services projects
- Deep understanding and experience with SAP ECC
- Understanding of large ERP environments, databases, and BI/data/business warehouse reporting environments
- Understanding of, and experience supporting, computing and communications infrastructure
- Ability to work well with others with a positive/encouraging attitude
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback to ensure good internal and external communications
Related Experience/Educational Level: 10+ years relevant work experience with a minimum of 5+ years in a leadership role in IS. Experience supporting businesses with supply chain and manufacturing initiatives. A Bachelors Degree with MIS or engineering focus is preferred.
How to Apply: