Job #: 6093
Title: Process Engineer
Job Location: Covington, Virginia - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity for a degreed engineer to make an impact in a solid growing market. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Process Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing new processes and improving existing processes in the plant. This role also includes supporting other functions in the plant, e.g. safety initiatives, project engineering, environmental compliance, and production to meet the plants needs and goals.
- Supporting Safety and Environmental initiatives that keep both employees and the environment protected.
- Performing various evaluations and calculations, e.g. sizing equipment, mass and energy balances, and fluid flows.
- Determine needed improvements to the plant by running trials and interpreting results.
- Drive improvements in safety, quality, plant availability, production rates, and production costs.
- Defining process requirements for new products and plant expansions.
- Developing equipment specifications and installation requirements and ensuring that the equipment is safe and meets the needs of manufacturing.
- Support production engineers, maintenance, and other plant functions when needed, both capital and non-capital jobs.
- Act as the liaison between production and project managers.
- Trouble shooting equipment and developing permanent solutions to recurring issues.
- Participate in OPEX, Six Sigma, and lean activities to sustain continuous improvement.
- Bachelors degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering required.
- Excellent technical and engineering skills, communication skills including leading group meetings, multi-tasking, and use of problem solving tools.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and use problem solving tools.
- Related industrial co-op/intern experience required.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: