Job #: 6210
Title: IP Paralegal
Job Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - United States
Salary: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 9% pre-tax contribution to 401K
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
prefer local to Pittsburgh, PA
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Paralegal- Intellectual Property-chemical company in downtown Pittsburgh. Our client is a leading plastics and chemical company with 41global industrial plants (six in the US). They are seeking to add another IP paralegal to staff at their Innovation & Technology Center in Pittsburgh. This is a full-time, permanent position.
They strongly believe in treating everyone with respect and have a strong customer and employee focus. Building good relationships with everyone is key as is the ability to act with minimal direction and collaborate with management on project and process needs. JOB DESCRIPTION
In this role, you will provide assistance and support to the corporate intellectual property department, its attorneys and patent agents in connection with the management of the companys IP asset portfolio, patent prosecution, and IP-related agreements.
Manage daily work flow of duties including:
- Assist in the management of companys IP asset portfolio, including U.S. and international patents.
- Organize and maintain IP docket, including IP docketing software.
- Prepare and handle all related formalities, such as Declarations, POAs, Assignments, Information Disclosures Statements, Missing Parts, etc.
- Prepare, file and docket U.S. and international patent applications, and prosecution action items
- Track and ensure timely payment of maintenance fees relating to companys intellectual property filings.
- Assist in IP transactions and related agreements, e.g. M&A due diligence and licensing, including managing signature and legalization process and tracking agreements in a document management database.
- Correspond with outside counsel firms, including managing invoice payment.
- 4 yrs experience as an IP paralegal in a law firm or corporate IP department
- Experienced user of IP docketing software, e.g. Foundation IP, Anaqua, Memotech, etc.
- Proficient at preparing and filing documents for USPTO and PCT patent applications.
- Working knowledge of the patent office rules.
- Experience managing budget and handling invoice payments.
- Experience preparing filing patent formality documents, such as declarations, POAs, Assignments, and Information Disclosure Statements.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office product, specifically Excel and Word.
- Excellent organizational skills, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with foreign associates to file national stage applications
How to Apply: