Job #: 6202
Title: Production Supervisor
Job Location: Florence, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Production supervisor is fully responsible for safety, manufacturing efficiencies pertaining to labor cost, material cost, overhead cost and product quality/product safety. Responsible for implementing policies/procedures and upholding company policies. The supervisor will also be training and developing subordinates. This person may rotate within the different shifts, different departments, and the different plant locations.
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship JOB DESCRIPTION
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
- Responsible for Team Members and their assigned Areas; these include, Machine Operators, Line Runners, Packers, Rollers, Etc.
- Acts as an assistant to the Manager who is responsible for making all employment related decisions for Team Members.
- Verify compliance of Company and USDA standards through daily audits.
- Be familiar with finished product specifications and will determine whether products meet specified criteria. Examine products by visual inspections and/or taking measurements, and take appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Be familiar with and adhere to company policy and procedures.
- Retrieves and prints the production schedule, production model, finished product specifications, and weight control charts from the computer daily.
- Verifies that documents are the correct revision.
- Review production models and plans the line layout accordingly.
- Verifies the line is set up to meet the labor standard specifications.
- Oversees set up of equipment at start up and monitors equipment during operations.
- Addresses adjustment to equipment and verifies equipment is operating within to process capabilities.
- Calculates and documents yield percentages and pounds of product produced per hour.
- Review next day`s production schedule and plans accordingly.
- Monitors finished product specifications: product integrity, appearance, ingredient identify, filler consistency, color, aroma, size and weight, tortilla/filler ratio.
- Sets and monitors line speed staffing need requirements
- Assist supervisor in filing out employees action records
- Safety: Conduct accident investigations and generates proper documentation
- Fryer / Steamer temperature setting and dwell time
- Perform work in a fast paced environment and maintain production requirements.
- Maintain knowledge, understanding and adherence to safety to safety policies, USDA, GMPs, QA, HACCP, Sanitation rules and regulations, and company policies.
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and excellent human relations skills.
- Basic knowledge of AS400, Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PRISM.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus, but not required.
- Experience working with USDA inspectors required.
- Good math skills, ability to read, write, and speak English
- HS Diploma, AA degree preferred plus 5 years related experience and/or training in the food industry.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Observes work environment for safety hazards
- Complex problem solving
High School/Secondary School
How to Apply: