Job #: 6244
Title: Quality Manager
Job Location: Columbia, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: + bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Dynamic, industry leading global manufacturer! JOB DESCRIPTION
Join a leading edge, award winning, strong growth, nationally recognized, industry leading global manufacturer with immediate Continuous Improvement / Quality Management career-track needs!
We have an immediate opening for a Continuous Improvement/Quality Manager at our Division Headquarters in the Columbia, SC area. This position develops and implements company quality improvement plans in accordance with the strategic goals of the company . You will be responsible for the oversight and management of the Quality System and maintain/improve the Quality System to ISO-9001 standards. You will have total division responsibilities for 7+ plant operations in the US.
You will lead activities for rapid response for any customer complaints related to technical product issues. The Continuous Improvement / Quality Manager analyzes key Quality indicators to help production focus on areas for improvement . You will stop processes or activities not producing quality products/services.
You may serve as a communication channel between the customer`s Engineer Group and the Design Engineers to ensure that all aspects of the development of the project stay on schedule and meet Quality requirements. You will work with the Engineering Staff to support the development of new business and maintenance of current businesses. This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining Quality methods to ensure product exceeds customer expectations.
Duties Include :
- Analyze key quality indicators to help production focus on areas for improvement, manage customer complaints, root cause analysis to ensure prompt resolution for customer satisfaction.
- Address any quality issues associated within a project and communicate to manufacturing departments
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Travel to all division plants for projects to improve quality.
- Assist Plant Quality Managers on projects as needed.
- Communicate with supplier/vendor regarding nonconforming material/product.
- Management of the Product Reliability Testing Group which includes coordinating all 3rd party test programs, manages testing and qualification resources for existing products and new products.
- Manage certification guidelines for suppliers and materials and monitor implementation.
- Define quality control plans according to existing standards and customer requirements .
- Stop processes/activities not producing quality products/services.
- Lead and coordinate external audits for ISO 9001 comply with ISO-14001 guidelines.
Develops performance standards, establish and/or modify the departmental engineering and documentation standards, and identifies the customer needs (internal or external) and contract requirements. Works with the Engineering Leadership to assist the development of engineering, product and platform design and performance parameters, technical documentation, and subcontractor specifications. QUALIFICATIONS
- BS degree in Engineering or Technical degree preferred.
- A Masters degree or a MBA would be a plus.
- You should have 5+ years of experience in Quality or Continuous Improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- You should have knowledge of manufacturing & distribution capabilities, knowledge of integrated computer programs, tooling and safety standards.
- Any project management or technical leadership experience is a plus.
- You should have the ability to travel 40%+ as needed.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Any automotive, electronics, cable, HVAC, plastics, wire or textile manufacturing experience is a plus.
This is for a global, industry leader that defines the term " Blue-Chip" organization. This company puts a high value on quality of life, skill & career growth, and has an opportunity for vertical career-tracks. This position has a base salary range of $80-90k + Relocation assistance, tremendous benefit and retirement programs.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: