Job #: 6266
Title: EHS Specialist
Job Location: Boone, Iowa - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 15% target bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global chemicals company, one of the largest in the world with over 110,000 employees. Financially sound and will offer infinite career opportunities to professionals. Company offers excellent pay, benefits and full relocation to include home purchase. JOB DESCRIPTION
The priority of expertise areas for the position is:
- Occupational Safety
- Process Safety (not PSM, but general process safety)
- Industrial Hygiene
- Environmental (regulatory)
- Emergency Planning and Response
Under the hub structure, you will interact with other sites in the Central Hub, which is a group of sites supported under the Company shared EHS services platform. You will also interact with EHS experts and professionals who support all Company North American sites and businesses. In this shared services structure, you may also assist at other Company sites as needs arise.
One of the sites in Ames and the two smaller sites are part of the Functional Crop Care business. The other site in Ames is part of the Company`s Construction Chemicals business. In addition to these sites and businesses, the Central EHS Hub also supports sites in Agricultural Solutions, Dispersions and Resins, Care Chemicals, Nutrition and Health, and Performance Materials businesses. The hub structure offers the opportunity for exposure to a wide variety of chemical manufacturing operations, making for a challenging and engaging work environment.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Lead Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) programs for the two sites in Ames, IA and the smaller sites in St. Joseph, MO and Caldwell, ID. This entails advising site management on compliance concerns, and providing strategic and tactical guidance to increase risk recognition and reduce injuries/incidents, improve employee health, maintain environmental compliance, ensure safe design of plants, and prepare for emergencies.
- Complete all internal and external EHS reporting for the assigned sites.
- Facilitate the sharing of programs, procedures, tools, and successfully demonstrated practices with other EHS professionals.
- Support the interface with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues.
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably with a concentration in Environmental, Occupational or Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Engineering, Science, or other science-related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as an EHS professional (may also include Co-ops and internships); chemical manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety technology and regulations
- Experience with incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Additional professional certifications such as Professional Engineer, Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Industrial Hygienist, or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), are desirable.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: