Job #: 6270
Title: Sr. EHS Specialist
Job Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee - United States
Salary: $95,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 15% target bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global chemicals company, one of the largest in the world with over 110,000 employees. Financially sound and will offer infinite career opportunities to professionals. Company offers excellent pay, benefits and full relocation to include home purchase. JOB DESCRIPTION
Your key responsibilities will include Air and POTW Permit Management, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plan, Hazardous Waste Management, Accident/Incident Investigations, EHS Training, PSM/RMP Management, Occupational Safety Procedures, Industrial Hygiene monitoring, agency reporting and interface, and overall EHS compliance management.
- Maintain and monitor EHS compliance programs while optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the programs.
- Maintain written EHS programs and procedures.
- Provide governance and oversight of EHS program.
- Participate in Process Hazards Analysis activities and participate in technical review of process changes as necessary.
- Lead and/or participate in investigation and root cause analysis for accident/ incidents as needed.
- Participate in capital project reviews consistent with the level of EHS expertise needed.
- Support the site in with emphasis on hazard recognition, job hazard analysis, etc.
- Provide input to Hub Manager and interface with regulatory agencies, as needed, on compliance and/or enforcement issues.
- Actively participate with the EHS Community.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BS Degree in Engineering or Science is required.
- Environmental, industrial hygiene and safety regulatory knowledge is required.
- Must have 5 years experience in implementing environmental, industrial hygiene and safety programs in a chemical manufacturing arena
- Experience with hazard recognition, job hazard analysis and Process Hazards Analysis is a plus.
- Basic computer skills (ex. Spreadsheets, word processing, database management) essential.
- Customer Focus, Collaborate for Achievement, Entrepreneurial Drive, Drive Sustainable Solutions and Effective Communication skills are essential.
Qualifications - Our client recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: