Job #: 6386
Title: HR Generalist - Grow into Manager role
Job Location: Storm Lake, Iowa - United States
Salary: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Many HR people `talk` about being business partners but most are still just implementing, responding and waiting for the business leaders to come to them with questions and are in `reacting` mode. HR Business Partners are part of leadership meetings. YOU ARE a business leader. Business leaders value your input. You are bringing insights to them before they ask.
Don`t settle working for an HR leader or team of business leaders who don`t value Human Resources.
Our client is a strategic HR Business Leader and wants to groom YOU to be in her shoes. This executive speaks across the country at conferences and is known for vision and accomplishments. Be part of this team and future this leader is building at this company.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Working for an HR leader who has worked for multi-national companies and can groom you to be one of the best?
You will learn the business, you will do `blocking and tackling` HR, however, you will leverage systems, technologies as much as you can freeing up your time to work ON the business.
Keep reading and APPLY NOW JOB DESCRIPTION
The Chief Human Resources Leader is moving HR to be true business partners...say goodbye to being reactive -this organization is moving from defensive to playing offense! Common Successful Traits of Individuals:
- You have the courage to engage in dialogue, become knowledgeable in the business and believe HR can influence and make an impact.
- You can connect with all levels - plant floor, administrative and Plant management. You know how to adjust your style.
- You enjoy getting to know the business - yes you are an HR person, but you get you have a role because of the products made on the floor.
- Efficiency & Sense of Urgency - you optimize processes and don`t get `stuck` on doing things the `old way` because it`s worked that way for years!
- Manage Conflict ..you don`t enjoy it but realize allowing it fester will make things work. You help individuals have crucial conversations and ultimately become more effective in the workplace
- YOU engage those around you - you add to the culture in a positive way.
The key responsibilities will fluctuate based on the time of the year and needs of the business which will provide a fast paced and challenging environment to keep you learning and growing.
- Along with the HR Manager, you`ll partner to support a total team of 300 people.
- You`ll be the key HR Business Partner to a VP General Manager and then a team of both hourly / salaried professionals
What type of experiences can you expect?
Recruiting top talent both hourly and exempt
It`s a plant you can assume hourly will be a key part of the role! However, the better you do at coaching and building an engaged workforce the less recruiting.
Building relationships and guiding both employees and leader through conversations and s plant to employees and leaders to work through challenges.
Blocking & tackling Human Resources such as:
Assists with wage data, verifying employment, garnishments, job descriptions, unemployment and staff meeting
- Key advocate to Safety leadership and food quality
Preference for those with:
- PHR, SPHR certification
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: