Job #: 6400
Title: Field Service Engineer
Job Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Miles, gas card, benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Clinical Diagnostics, Instrumentation, Med Device, Life Sciences
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have most recently been engaged by an incredibly emerging leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. More specifically they are a company that have FDA approved instruments and game changing technology that enable medical professionals to make targeted treatment decisions earlier through patient samples usually in the form of blood, saliva, or urine. As they continue to rapidly expand, and the ailment that the technology treats is effecting more patients globally, they require a Field Service Engineer for the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania region. The Candidate they seek will be a diagnostic technical professional that has experience trouble shooting laboratory equipment, installing advanced instrumentation, and has preformed preventative maintenance techniques to machines of similar complexity JOB DESCRIPTION
The purpose of the Field Engineer (FE) is to provide: technical oversight of the products installation environment, maintenance of the system to ensure reliable performance, solution-oriented consultative training, technical support, and troubleshooting of diagnostic product line, all of which require the application of engineering knowledge and skills gained through academic study and relevant experience and the use of discretion and judgment based on such learning and experience.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Field Engineer in the medical in vitro diagnostics assay industry.
- BS/MS in a related engineering field.
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory workflow.
- Medical technologist experience (preferably with microbiology responsibility) or clinical automated laboratory instrumentation.
- Experience with troubleshooting laboratory equipment, including performing instrument repair work.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Presentation and training skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
In addition, you will need:
- Willingness to travel in the United States with the potential for occasional international travel.
- Valid Drivers License
- Integration of diagnostic products into new and existing client institutions.
- Oversight of clinical trial site instrument environment and operation.
- Monitoring and making improvements related to instrument performance and environmental changes during clinical trial activities.
- Complaint reporting.
- Execute training and implementation plan with client and field team.
- Facilitate intradepartmental communication to optimize testing solutions within institutions.
- Provide consultative solutions for clients and prospects.
- Suggest and implement laboratory workflow solutions.
- Troubleshoot process and product issues.
- Provide evaluation support for product comparisons.
- Report client satisfaction and needs.
- Routinely performed and scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Develop strategy for ongoing client satisfaction, and testimonials.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your manager or the Company. QUALIFICATIONS
A diagnostic technical professional that has experience trouble shooting laboratory equipment, installing advanced instrumentation, and has preformed preventative maintenance techniques to machines of similar complexity
How to Apply: