Job #: 6458
Title: Nurse Manager Labor and Delivery
Job Location: Watertown, New York - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Nurse Manager Labor and Delivery
Full time, Direct Hire
Watertown, NY JOB DESCRIPTION
- The position will oversee labor and delivery and collaborate with the Director of Women and Children`s Services who manages the mother baby unit including, antepartum care, lactation services, perinatal education, pediatric unit and a Level II Special Care Nursery.
- The Nurse Manager Labor and Delivery will function as a mentor and key resource for Labor & Delivery, C-Section OR and PACU.
- This leader will also work closely with the Maternal Child Clinical Nurse Specialist to develop continuous education programs, performance improvement evaluations, and satisfaction reports.
- The Nurse Manager Labor and Delivery is a first line manager for a specified geographic nursing unit/service, its patient population and assigned staff.
- S/he assumes 24 hour responsibility and accountability for all patient care activities, unit operation and staff function.
- Ensures that quality nursing/patient care is delivered to all patients on his/her unit/service in accordance with established hospital standards, nursing division/unit structure, process and outcome standards, regulatory and accreditation requirements and the philosophy, goals and objectives, and mission of the hospital and nursing division.
- Assumes responsibility for the development coordinator and implementation of the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Program in respective dept.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, and current New York RN license. BLS required or obtained within 3 months of hire.
- Masters in nursing preferred.
- BSN required or equivalent demonstrated by application of the theoretical aspects of behavioral sciences and nursing administration.
- Evidence of continued professional growth.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the clinical area relevant to unit/service patient population, including proven experience/expertise in management area.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: