Job #: 6508
Title: Assistant Manufacturing Manager
Job Location: Tupelo, Mississippi - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Potential for career growth with a cmpany with a recognized name. Good quality of life, rapidly growing area, and reasonable cost of living. Strong relocation assistance, competitive benefits and salary. JOB DESCRIPTION
General Summary: Supervise Manufacturing department group leaders, team leaders, and team members for assigned area( to ensure safety, quality, positive work environment, customer requirements, and manufacturing needs are met. Provide leadership and motivation to direct reports in manufacturing system that emphasizes safety, quality, customer satisfaction, accuracy, productivity, cost reduction, housekeeping, efficiency, training, teamwork, and morale.
Keys: Thorough knowledge of automotive manufacturing standards such as TPS, KanBan, KPI, JIT, 5 years experience, 2 years of production/management supervision, knowledge of budgets and other general manufacturing criteria. Degree is preferred, however they will look at experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate and supervise all manufacturing activities and related functions for assigned area(s)/shift to meet customer requirements.
- Maintains knowledge and control over assigned areas/shift to ensure proper work schedules and material flow; proper use of manpower skills, equipment and facilities; proper application of methods and related matters.
- Ensure manufacturing operations are running effectively in the areas of safety, quality, efficiency/productivity, cost, and team member morale.
- Provide direction and motivation to group leaders focusing on safety, quality, efficiency, cost, and morale.
- Conduct daily manufacturing production area audits to ensure procedures for safety, quality, equipment, and training are being followed and all aspects of manufacturing are effective including correcting sub-standards.
- Lead development of Group Leaders i
- Implement short and long term corrective actions for manufacturing problems.
- Ensure all departmental procedures are complaint with quality and environmental management systems and programs.
- Monitor daily build sheets and analyze efficiency rates and downtime to ensure customer requirements are being met.
- Lead Manufacturing supervision for assigned areas/shift in utilizing TPS techniques.
- Learn, embrace, implement, and teach TPS techniques to Manufacturing team members.
- Coordinate and maintain standardization of processes/methods and one piece flow in Just in Time (JIT) production system.
- Lead identification of manufacturing problems and eliminate waste.
- Develop, lead, monitor, and participate in a Manufacturing continuous improvement system.
- Kaizen and develop processes that lower operating costs and increase efficiency.
- Implement, monitor, and maintain a clean, organized department through 5S activity.
- Support development and management of annual plan, budget, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), operating efficiency, and cost control.
- Ensure Manufacturing hoshin goals are met and kept on track.
- Assists Manufacturing Manager in developing, planning, and maintaining the budget including making adjustments to achieve targets.
- Assist in the review and planning of headcount monthly for labor cost control and production efficiency (PEFF).
- Review and track Manufacturing KPIs including leading problem solving for negative trends or goals not met.
- Collect, record, and analyze data on production, quality, scrap, rework, change over time, machine downtime, and direct and indirect labor.
- Assist with generation and report out of daily/weekly/monthly reports with targets.
- Participate in management discussions and planning sessions to help formulate cost reduction, product improvement, and problem solving activities, and support presentation of operational performance daily/weekly.
- Develop and maintain positive team member relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and harmony.
- Provide direction and motivation to team members emphasizing quality, efficiency, productivity, cost reduction, safety and health, and morale.
- Ensure further development of group leaders, team leaders, and team members through performance evaluation, development of training plans, feedback, coaching, corrective action, and cascade training. Update team member training matrix and schedule any needed training.
- Thorough understanding of company product, trade terminology, quality management and control systems and techniques, manufacturing processes including material controls, work flow, scheduling, kanban, and equipment and machine operation.
- Working knowledge of automotive industry equipment and production systems.
- General understanding and practical work experience with manufacturing systems and processes.
- Practical experience applying Toyota Production System (TPS) principles in an automotive environment.
Prefer Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Greater than 6 years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment required, preferably automotive.
- Greater than 2 years of leadership experience as supervisor in a manufacturing environment required.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: