Job #: 6526
Job Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Need related industry experience paints, coatings aerosols
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a world leader in the coatings industry with sales over 1 billion. They are adding key players to their Innovation team and need a Scientist with a proven track recrod of success, who enoys working in a team environment. Related industry experience includes coatings, paints, primers aerosols. If this appeals to you please contact us to discuss your career. JOB DESCRIPTION
They need a Scientist responsible for commercializing new or existing coatings technology to support the revenue growth and objectives of the corporation.
The Scientist will spend time working with other chemists, planning directions for research, assembling self directed teams, and meeting with business managers.
The Scientist will also work on products from concept through completion, including formulation, raw material evaluation, testing, and product scale up.
- Lead and execute projects for consumer and industrial coatings.
- Use sound data-based decision processes to draw conclusions from test results and provide input to the rest of the project team, on appropriate next steps on projects.
- Use the appropriate balance of theoretical and practical knowledge to accelerate the development and commercialization of consumer and industrial coatings.
- Develop new test methods to accelerate development and commercialization of new products.
- Provide progress updates through the regular issuance of written and verbal reports.
- Work seamlessly as a member of cross-functional project teams.
- Provide training to marketing and field personnel, agents and customers.
- Maintain records of experiments, results and conclusions.
Requirements for Scientist
- Masters degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science/Engineering PhD preferred.
- 5 + years hands on coating industry experience doing formulation development and application
- Expertise in waterborne & solvent borne coating formulations and testing and result evaluations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the physics and chemistry of aerosols.
- Understand consumer & industrial coatings market; include suppliers, customers end users
Superior knowledge of industry test methods and their significance
- Proven track record of generation of new knowledge, products, or procedures
- Familiarity with formulated product lab scale up to commercial production.
- Proven ability to use fundamental polymer properties to predict end-use performance.
- Demonstrated use of Design of Experiments DOE.
- Demonstrated communication skills and leadership to facilitate commercialization of formulations.
- Work as an individual contributor effectively managing goals, time frames, and deadlines.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of time, domestically and internationally as needed.
- Self-starter, highly motivated achiever, results oriented with solid record keeping skills
- Verbal and written communication skills and strong PC skills, including MS Office.
- Demonstrated team leading and training experience and knowledge of aerosol technology.
University - PhD
How to Apply: