Job #: 6551
Title: Sr Network Engineer
Job Location: Stamford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: strong annual bonuses; fully pd medical & other superior benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is an industry leader with an outstanding reputation for their commitment to advanced technology. They are seeking a smart, skilled Senior Network Engineer with strong skills in CISCO technologies, virtualization and trouble-shooting.
This is a non-cilod environment where the Senior Network Engineers are involved in all aspects of an expanding global data center. The position is open due to the continued expansion of their Networking team.
This company offers strong annual bonuses and superior benefits such as fully paid medical and stock plans. JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities for this Sr Network Engineer will be varied and challenging:
- Will be involved with all facets of WAN/LAN Network design and high level support in a global environment
- Non-cilo`d environment means involvment with all aspects of Network configuration and support including security issues, multiCasting support and various large and small projects
- Will be part of well-run state-of-the-art organization which is largely CISCO but includes other vendor equipment as wekk
- Will play a key role with a small cohesive team which works together on advancing network systems and problem solving technical issues.
- Extensive hands-on WAN/LAN Network experience to include configurations, support, trouble-shooting in Cisco environment.
- Strong CISCO experience. Knowledge of other routing/switching equipment is a plus.
- CISCO Nexus or other high-end Cisco switches is preferred.
- Experience with VPN virtualization configurations and support
- Must have strong trouble-shooting skills and an interest in technical problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task and handle variety of project responsibilities as necessary
- Ability to work independently and resolve problems solo or as part of a team.
- BS in Computer Science, Telecommunications or another technical field is strongly preferred. Work experience and pertinent technical certificates may be considered.
- Cisco and other certifications pertinent to networking engineering are highly desired.
Candidate should have experience with the majority of the following technologies:
- Cisco Router and switch programming: CISCO Protocols
- High end Cisco Routers (Nexus or others)
- Network Sniffer (or similar tools)
- Firewall Concepts
- WAN Transmission Protocols MPLS, Frame Relay, PPP
- Layer 4-7 Content Devices
- SNMP and Syslog Monitoring
- Multicast Concepts and Programming
- ACL programming
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: