Job #: 6627
Title: Manager Project Management
Job Location: Des Moines, Iowa - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Client will offer some money as a sign on to bring someone to Des Moines.
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our long term client in the payment processing/financial services space is in need of a Manager Project Management in Des Moines, Iowa. This is a full-time (direct hire) position offering competitive salary, bonus/incentives potential, comprehensive benefits, and opportunity for career growth.
Candidates must have payment processing or financial services industry experience. JOB DESCRIPTION
This Manager will have oversight of 6-8 Project Managers supporting financial services product implementations, installation and conversions.
- Provides management and leadership to a Project Services department and is responsible for evaluating and developing current and new staff through the use of learning and development plans as well as skill blocks and various training opportunities.
- Applies fundamental Project Management methodologies, leadership, knowledge and experience to manage and support the development, coordination, management and implementation of products and services delivered to the client.
- Oversees the development of initial project scope and business requirements based on internal and/or client expectations for each project request.
- Assigns Project Services staff to new products, product enhancements, client requests, conversion and strategic initiatives.
- Establish and monitor departmental goals, quality controls and department workflow.
- Develops and implements methods for improving operational performance, efficiencies and staff development.
- Acts as the escalation point for clients and internal management throughout the project process and as related on strategic initiatives.
- Provides effective, accurate and consistent communication to a wide variety of areas including project teams, management, senior management and external clients and vendors.
- Maintains department budget and assures all goals, objectives and quality standards for all projects are met.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years Management required; 7+ preferred.
- PMP certification preferred
- 7+ years of direct Project Management experience, including: scheduling, project assignment, resource allocation and risk management.
- Thorough understanding of and experience with Project Management methodologies. PMP designation preferred.
- Knowledge of internal product delivery processes and systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with Business Requirements and Analysis principles preferred.
- Proven leadership and ability to lead, coach, train and support a team.
- Proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and other software solutions including Innotas or similar project management software.
- Proficient in problem solving and effective facilitation of resources to drive results.
- Demonstrated ability to execute effective team meetings, team building exercises and establish/maintain rapport with internal/external points of contact.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and shift priorities in order to meet client and management expectations.
- Active listening skills and the ability to communicate strategic ideas effectively in both written and verbal communications throughout all levels of an organization.
- Customer/client service and leadership orientation supports strategic future, culture and leadership practices.
- Prefer 5-8 years in credit/debit/prepaid card experience.
- Prefer knowledge of the FDR/Star and FIS processing systems.
How to Apply: