Job #: 6604
Title: Senior Network Engineer
Job Location: Stamford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $130,000.00 - $165,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Strong annual bonuses and superior benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Would consider relocation assistance in some circumstances
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is an industry leader with an outstanding reputation for their innovations in technology. They are seeking a highly skilled Senior Network Engineer with strong skills in CISCO technologies, advanced problem resolution and virtualization in a global environment.
This is a non-cilod environment where the Senior Engineers are involved in all aspects of Network design and support for an expanding global data center. This position is open due to the continued expansion of their Networking team.
This company offers strong annual bonuses and superior benefits such as fully paid medical and stock plans. JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities will be varied and interesting.
- Will be involved with all facets of global network design and support, configuration, security issues as well as special projects
- Will be part of well-run state-of-the-art organization.
- Will handle a variety of special projects for this mid-sized global financial company
- Will join small cohesive team which works together on advancing network systems and problem solving technical issues.
- Minimum 10-12 years hands-on design and support for large network environments.
- Strong experience with configurations, support and advanced trouble-shooting in Cisco environment.
- Strong CISCO experience. Knowledge of other routing/switching equipment is a plus.
- CISCO Nexus or other high-end Cisco switches is preferred.
- Experience with VPN virtualization configurations and support
- Must have strong trouble-shooting skills and an interest in technical problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task and handle variety of project responsibilities as necessary
- Ability to work independently and resolve problems solo or as part of a team.
- BS in Computer Science, Telecommunications or another technical field is strongly preferred. Work experience and pertinent technical certificates may be considered.
- Cisco and other certifications pertinent to networking engineering are highly desired.
Candidate must have good experience with the majority of the following technologies:
- Cisco Router and switch programming: CISCO Protocols
- High end Cisco Routers (Nexus or others)
- Network Sniffer (or similar tools)
- Firewall Concepts
- WAN Transmission Protocols MPLS, Frame Relay, PPP
- Layer 4-7 Content Devices
- SNMP and Syslog Monitoring
- Multicast Concepts and Programming
- ACL programming
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: